Ashin's Commission XP Special Case

Rystil Arden

First Post
I'm proposing the suggestion from the General Thread to deal with the Ashin's Commission XP issue. For those who didn't know the story, here it is in short (skip the SBLOCK if you don't want a refresher of what happened:

[SBLOCK=AC Refresher] Doghead started a fun game over a year ago called Ashin's Commission with El Jefe as judge. Interesting thing about the game--there were lots of low-XP but long in out-of-game-time encounters that were fun to RP and represented the journey from Orussus to the town of Duvik, where the short but important part of the adventure would take place with the climax, big XP awards, treasure, the works.

But the bad news--when the group was fairly close to Duvik, doghead left LEW forever. El Jefe took over, and the group fought the world's most complicated battle against three lower-level Warriors. However, very shortly after this happened, and still before they reached Duvik, El Jefe became less and less responsive and was on the verge of a total LEW hiatus, and the game was in danger of just ending then and there.

This would have been awful news for everyone--after playing for a long time and waiting through long hiatuses and stalling, the group had pretty much nothing to show for it because the meaty part of the adventure hadn't actually happened, even though they spent so much time and energy. So I volunteered to take over (in part because I misread the policy on GM credits, but mainly because I didn't want everyone to have to be screwed by this). El Jefe said he would send me the notes to run the rest, but he didn't, so I just made it all up myself wholecloth, working hard to fit it in with what we knew already as players and keep it interesting.
[/SBLOCK]

Alright, so with that refresher in mind--By the suggestions of others in the General Discussion Thread who came up with the idea, I'd like to propose a special dispensation for XP in Ashin's Commission in which Zaeryl, my character, receives all non-subjective XP (but 0 XP for anything subjective like roleplaying XP). This would include encounter XP, time XP, etc. Another Judge would approve of each such award of XP.

Patlin

Explorer
I'm OK with letting the new adventure Judge determine Zaeryl's xp. However, I'd ask that the proposal be modified such that if something like this were to happen again, the new DMs character be removed from the adventure and returned to the inn, negating any question of xp. When Zaeryl disapeared earlier, I thought that was what was happening... which had the bonus of making his new appearance especially dramatic, I must admit!

orsal

LEW Judge
Patlin said:
I'm OK with letting the new adventure Judge determine Zaeryl's xp. However, I'd ask that the proposal be modified such that if something like this were to happen again, the new DMs character be removed from the adventure and returned to the inn, negating any question of xp. When Zaeryl disapeared earlier, I thought that was what was happening... which had the bonus of making his new appearance especially dramatic, I must admit!

I don't see anything wrong with using a DM's PC as an NPC, so long as it's not for XP. Also, in some situations there is no credible storyline that extracts a PC from a game in progress.

Bront

The man with the probe
orsal said:
I don't see anything wrong with using a DM's PC as an NPC, so long as it's not for XP. Also, in some situations there is no credible storyline that extracts a PC from a game in progress.
This is a special case, since he took over an adventure in the middle of it.

I vote YES to encounter exp awards for any encounters the PC took part in, and Time XP.

Manzanita

First Post
I'm going to trust RA's and Bront's judgement on this one. I haven't read the thread at all, but I think everyone's heart is in the right place. I'll vote Yes.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I definitely don't want to discourage players from stepping up in extreme circumstances, so I think I'll vote YES to this one specific instance. However, if this ever happens again in the future, I would suggest that the PC be removed and sent back to the RDI if at all possible, to avoid complications and possible conflicts of interest.

Bront

The man with the probe
RA: e-mail Myself and KO once you do the exp calculations, so we can have 2 judges approve that :)

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
I'm going to trust RA's and Bront's judgement on this one. I haven't read the thread at all, but I think everyone's heart is in the right place. I'll vote Yes.

I'd agree that everyone's hearts are in the right place, and I'm in the thread. By my count, this has allready passed, but I'd vote YES anyway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases