Mystara - In Search of Adventure

Lord_Raven88

First Post
"He's clearly speaking to me," Olaf murmurs sotto voce, "As I'm most obviously a gentleman....

"Good day, my friend!"
he booms as he steps forward. "My companions and I are here to speak to Master Caldwell, regarding his problematic castle. Are you the gentleman in question?"

With an eye roll, Jonas leans forward onto the desk, looking up at the man. "Yes, by all means, sir, we believe we may be able to assist with this... Problem we've heard of."

In an instant the expression of the man behind the counter changes, assuming a more relaxed posture he leans forward and addresses you in less cultured tones "Correct you are gents, you have the pleasure of addressing Clifton Caldwell." he says smiling warmly at you all "How about we retire out back, then we can discuss our business without the nob's getting in a tizz"

Clifton picks up a small bell and rings it, moments later a young smartly dressed man in his early twenties emerges from a back room, and with a nod takes up manning the counter.

You follow Clifton into the bowels of his shop, passing storage rooms and an office and into to what appears to be a well sized library. Despite it's small shop frontage the rest of the building appears to be quite large and seems to act as both home and business for Clifton and his family.

Excusing himself while he goes off and gets refreshments Clifton leaves you alone in his library before returning with a trolley cart which contains a large pot of hot water, cups and very various leaves for making tea, as well as a plate of freshly baked cheese scones.

After making sure you're all settled in and have been served your refreshments Clifton gets down to business.

"Recently I purchased a small castle a few miles west of Threshold. When I went to investigate my new home, I was a bit put out, to say the least, to discover that it had been overrun by monsters and who know what else. And that is why I require your services."

"I'm willing to pay you 100 crowns each to clear out my castle so that my family and I may move into our new home."

Clifton then sits back with a neutral expression on his face clearly waiting to see how you respond to his offer.

okuth0r

First Post
Korin trailed his new friends to thier inquiry of the job. Finding it easier to let the others lead he merely followed, for a smart dwarf opens his mouth only when needed.
The gentlemans library he finds odd, and trys to perouse, scanning titles before sitting with his tea.
"To what extent is this castle, 2 floors, 3? and what of any items found inside or in posession of the wee beasties well face?"
Realizing he has spoken so much korin lapses back into silence... the thought of action must have outweighted his patience...

Rolzup

First Post
Olaf nods, encouragingly. "Interesting, interesting...but yes, please, any details that you can share would certainly be of great help to us in this endeavor. The nature of the interlopers, some estimate as to their numbers, anything of that sort."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Looking slightly embarrassed about the request for further information Clifton gives a slight sigh as he mentally prepares to relate what he knows to the group

"Truth be told I can't tell you much more than I already have. You see as I entered the castle I encountered a small group of goblins who mistook me for lunch. Not wanting to die there and then, I fled as fast as I could and barely managed to escape with my life."

"Regarding the castle I can't tell you anything about the interior other than it is only a single level high. Perhaps it is better described as a fortified keep, rather than a Castle but I think you'll agree that Castle Caldwell has a nicer ring to it than Caldwell's Keep"

"Also any treasure you find inside is yours to keep, think of it as a bonus on top of the already generous amount I'm willing to pay you"

Bulboos

Goblins! You have my bow master Caldwell.
Declares the enthusiastic Halfling
I will gladly clear your keep and bring justice on top of the heads of those mischievous creatures.

ethandrew

First Post
"I feel like mission good for us. After watching caravan, we can do it satisfactory. For me, I fight goblins for hundred years so far," Ingwë states with a casual arrogance in his tone.

Rolzup

First Post
"Goblins?" Olar repeats, crestfallen. "I was hoping for something a trifle more...exotic. Still and all, the journey of 1000 miles begins....and so forth," he trails off, waving a hand.

"Bound to be more exciting than yet another dusty treatise on methods of emblaming, that's for certain! Master Caldwell, we shall be delighted to help you."

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Jonas sneers "Never had any use for Goblins. I'll gladly help out. Don't be thinking, though, that my pleasure at bashing some goblins means I won't be collecting the reward. A man's gotta eat, and a Dwarf's gotta eat MORE." He grins and looks to the rest of his companions. "So, we got any more questions or shall we get this man to give us a pointer to the castle?" His face is positively beaming at the thought of dispatching a tribe of goblins. Even seperated from his kin for decades, he still felt that same disgust for the filthy creatures.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases