Mystara - In Search of Adventure

Lord_Raven88

First Post
"Excellent I'm glad you're willing to clear up this trifle for me. Regarding payment I'm willing to pay half now and half upon completion of the matter. Since the day is still early in the day I'll get you your money and then we can leave for Castle Caldwell immediately"

Seeing your ready acceptance Clifton leaves you in the library to finish eating cheese scones and your cups of tea, after a few minutes Clifton returns wearing more practical clothes suitable for traveling and with a large money pouch holding the agreed upon sum.

~~~~

After traveling for two hours west of Threshold you get your first look at 'Castle Caldwell'. The 'castle' turns out to be a rather plain looking single leveled fortification with low towers at each corner. Small barred windows dot the wall at regular intervals around the castle.

Rolzup

First Post
"Picturesque," Olaf offers cheerfully. "Looks very...ah...solid. I do hope that we won't have to lay seige to the place."

Bulboos

Let me have a look
Say the hunter, he takes off his bow, and while holding it he inspects the surrounding, trying to guess how many and who was in the area lately.

*Track

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Rolzup said:
"Picturesque," Olaf offers cheerfully. "Looks very...ah...solid. I do hope that we won't have to lay seige to the place."
Smiling in appreciation of Olafs words Clifton nods his head in agreement before answering his questions

" I made an examination of the place when last I was here. The only entrance that I could find are the double doors at the front of the castle, which were unlocked."

"As I stepped into the place that's when I encountered the goblins, so that's where my knowledge of the Castle ends"

[sblock=Tracks]At the moment you are about 200 yards away from the castle, Bulboos finds less than half a dozern tracks of variously sized humanoids. Bulboos may be able to find more the closer he gets to the entrance of DOOM[/sblock]

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Ingwë looks at the solid building, noting the complete lack of activity and entrances save for the one in front. He shrugs his shoulders at the sheer irrevelancy at a structure of this variety, as you could find all the security and shelter necessary amongst the trees of the forest.

"If no one cares, I will take a look around as well, see if I can smell anything other than goblins in the air."

With that, Ingwë scratches the top of his right ear slightly, running over the dulled point with his fingers, and then, in a flash he transforms into the wolf. It seems to occur in a flash, not a gradual shift like a lycanthrope, but instead it is a sudden act where once an elf now stands a brown wolf. He arches his back in a stretch and sniffs the air. His large feet step forward one by one until he darts off in a run, toward the side of the castle.

ethandrew

First Post
The wind rushed in his ears as he ran, creating a whirling of air near deafening. His four feet moved in concert with one another, pressing into the hard earth and propelling him forward with rhythmic plods. He darted one direction and then quickly another, testing the well-toned muscles of his haunch. The freedom of the world opened before him and he near forgot his reasons for being at this new locale.

Catching the scent of his companions triggered Ingwë out of his carnal daydream. The halfling smelt of lavender and rosemary, potent tea leaves and upturned dirt; very earthy and buoyant. The two dwarves had a similar smell, both musky, tinged with a mixture of heavy sweat and alcohol. The three humans had differing scents: the smaller one had a natural man smell to him, the berries of his prior scones had lingered as well; the taller red bearded one smelled of fresh soap and saliva, also lingering with him was the wheat of his ale, very slight and near missing; the fatter, older man had a scent of perfumes and wine, covering up his subtle dry sweat and urine.

But there were new smells in the air, coming from the castle. Padding slowly toward the stone building, Ingwë inhales a heavy breath through his nostrils, tasting the smell on his tongue as his ears perked high atop his head, hearing movement through the windows from deep within.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
[sblock=Ingwë]As you get closer to the castle you begin to make out some familiar scents, there are 4 main scent markers around the front of the castle you identify one as wolf while the others scents were too old to make out clearly.

BTW If you want to become better at tracking, you might want to choose the tracking feat (lowers the base DC from 15 to 10) and/or put points into your survival skill. :D [/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Ingwë walks back to the group and transforms back into his elven self. He smiles awkwardly at them, "There seems to be another wolf in the area. Outside of that, I cannot say much."

Gyojin

First Post
"Six Goblins and a wolf eh? Shouldn't be to much trouble," Sundim said as a walked to the entrance of the castle. "Lets go in, shall we?" He said and opened the door. He looked inside of the castle, trying to see whatever he could see from the entrance.

Remove ads