Heart of Artifice Temporary 2--Aethelus Alone

Erekose13

Explorer
"Understood, thank you for the information. It is always useful to know what we face. Shall we continue then?"

ooc: CR 9 for a single L2 character is a pretty significant battle and it only cost a few bolts and a single infusion. Glad we never let it get into melee/grapple with us.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I guess it did also cost an action point, and it got a single melee attack off and grappled Aethelus, but if its tentacle takes 10 damage from a single attack, it severs, releasing the grappled person and dealing the beast 5 damage--Jade did this with her blade. I am also reasonable certain that it would have been guaranteed to lose a fight against certain basic non-min/maxed caster builds that had the correct 2nd-level spell.)

"Indeed, let us be careful."

*They continue onward for several more days through the Wilds, eventually approaching the area surrounding Wraith Cove. The entire area is made up of strange floating canyons, composed of various strata of rock, hiding twisting narrow passes and caverns within them, many of them large enough for the ship to sit inside.*

"Wraith Cove is deep within the canyon complex. It is well hidden, but its location is known to many who would seek it. Once we get there, we will have to be on the lookout for treachery and doublecrosses as we hunt these bloodthirsty pirates. Are you ready for that, Mr. Lophram Porthos, Bounty Hunter?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yes, Nika Larankos, onwards. Lets hope that we find what we are looking for here, after all that we've come through to reach this place." says Aethelus.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: E13---if you give me some context, I'll try to wrap this up in a meaningful way (one post, mind you; I'm not running another addy! :))

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Time XP awarded: May 07 to April 08 is 10 months at appropriate ECL (which as 2 most of the time): 1000XP.

The "world" wobbles a bit, and suddenly collapses, like shards of glass falling to the floor. Its a bit disorienting, but soon Aethelus finds himself in an abandoned part of the Lower Wards, disoriented. It is dark and unclear how much time has passed.

Confused, the he tries to return to the scene where everything began. But the place is empty. Whatever was going on... it has vanished, into thin air, like a rumor in Zil. With little answers, Aethelus is left to his own devices.

Remove ads