Heart of Artifice Temporary 2--Aethelus Alone

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: Aethelus imagines what he thought the little creature that took Lucy would've looked like. In his mind it would be about the size of an imp but have a much sharper, almost fae appearance to it. Delicate yet strong with this material like that.)

Aethelus takes the piece of ore, feeling the rush of adrenaline, inspiration, and more.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Tenebrynn imagines, and the image grows solid in his mind. There is a brilliant flash of light and warmth from the ore in his palm, and then he blacks out. When he comes to his senses again, he finds himself tinkering with the very creature from his imagination, a waking dream. He is fine-tuning the last details on it as Jade watches from the divan with an admiring smile. Then, the last bit of ore in his hand glows in tandem with the creature, and it opens its eyes, staring at him.*

*Jade gives a quiet applause.*

"Well congratulations, Aethelus. You are indeed a Spark...indeed, you may have a hidden latent talent beyond even the Baron's, though it has not yet awakened. Still...you should be proud. As first creations go, I daresay, this is an impressive one. The Thelanium reacted to you just as I had thought."

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Quite astonished that it actually worked, Aethelus watches the creature with awe and interest. He tries mentally asking it to come and sit beside him, between the two of them actually as he wants to show it off. If mental control does not work he'll say, "Come." to it before replying to Jade, "Well that is quite something. Thelanium you say? relating to Thelanis perhaps? I must say that when we couldn't identify this material back in Sharn I hadn't quite thought it would be extra planar in nature."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*It responds to the verbal command, though not the mental. It flies to sit between them where he gestures.*

"It is just a name," Jade shrugs, "Much like anything else."

"Such power, don't you think? One could use it to do much good for the world, as some Sparks do, or to sow strife and discord, like the madman we are chasing."

"Would you join me in my quest for peace and rule here, refining your power?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Such an offer intrigues me, though I'd like to ask a question regarding this mad man that you've mentioned. Do you know anything about him? Where he came from or who he is? I know that you had asked me much the same questions, but he was not where I have come from, nor was he in the room that I appeared in when I arrived." asks Aethelus.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I do not know," Jade admits, "Some scout clanks saw him, but they are...not very good at articulating themselves. All I know is that he is dangerous and evil, and that anyone who can help bring him to justice will be a hero to all the people of these lands...and to me," she smiles wryly, "Yes, not much help, I know. I wish I knew more. I am hoping to ascertain further from the Baron when we enter his lands tomorrow. It is quite beautiful, the Baron's capital. The Jewel of Spiras. Have you seen it?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"No I must admit that I have not. Between the room I entered and our travels here, I have not had the chance to explore this land at all. I would welcome the opportunity to visit the Baron's capital if it is not too out of place for me to join you." he replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The Baron is a...stuffy fellow. A bit too concerned about decorum. And he has quite an unkind opinion for what he calls 'Rogue Sparks'--those who are neither rulers of a kingdom nor who pledge allegiance to the rulers of any kingdom. I fear he will not wish to meet with you as you are now. But you may certainly explore the city while I attend to business, when the time comes. However, it is important that you not tarry too long. The terrorist is on the loose, and who knows when he could strike...Aethelus, he may have come here specifically to assassinate you before you could come to your own and achieve your true potential, the power that is your birthright as a Spark with incredible untapped potential. We cannot ignore that possibility, don't you agree?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Then so shall it be," Jade nods in agreement, "Let us hope that we find this monster soon and make this land safe again once more for those who love peace and innocence."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases