drothgery's Victorian Eberron game - OOC

Solarious

Explorer
Hmn. How useful will the Research feat be in this campaign? I'm trying to determine what are useful feats for low-level Dread Necromancers without treading into 'evil' territory (such as the ubiquitous Tomb-Tainted), especially since metamagics aren't useful until around level 5 or 6 (Empowered ray of enfeeblement, I'm comming ;)). This probably means my dreams of a Stiched Dread Necromancer familiar is shelved for the forseeable future. :p

That being said, I should have my character up sometime tonight to tomorrow.

drothgery

First Post
Solarious said:
Hmn. How useful will the Research feat be in this campaign?

Hmm... somewhat, though it'll be more useful between adventures than during them, unless you run into a pure urban adventure (and the first one I'm planning on running is not) or find the lost library of Arcanix or something :) .

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I'm still tweaking, though I'm highly likely to take gust of wind as his token arcane spell (due to its historical significance and so his Hurricane Breath feat will be sorta-worthwhile). A few other questions:
- The token magic item I was think of was a relic lightning gauntlets (Magic Item Compendium). It has 3 charges per day---1 does 2d6, 2 3d6, 3 4d6. Base price is 1000gp though I'd expect him to have paid more. One target, DC 14 for half. Sort of a ancient Lyander items that inspired him on his quest. Not vital, but fits the concept.
- Are firearms Martial or Simple proficiency (or Exotic)?
- This is potentially spoilly, but would Draconic Archivist be any use? Don't want to waste the feat...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Oh, and FYI, I'm focusing him much more on the engineering/history aspects with dark knowledge only on the arcana and planar bits. He's a scientist, after all. ;) I think that'd segue with nonamazing's more general monster hunter.

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
- The token magic item I was think of was a relic lightning gauntlets (Magic Item Compendium). It has 3 charges per day---1 does 2d6, 2 3d6, 3 4d6. Base price is 1000gp though I'd expect him to have paid more. One target, DC 14 for half. Sort of a ancient Lyander items that inspired him on his quest. Not vital, but fits the concept.

I'm going to say no here, mostly because my informal costing guidelines say it'd take well over half of your cash.

stonegod said:
- Are firearms Martial or Simple proficiency (or Exotic)?

I see you've already seen this one. The personal firearms of this game are simple; the only firearm-related thing that's martial is a bayonet (which isn't a very good polearm, but it's better than dropping your rifle to switch weapons).

stonegod said:
- This is potentially spoilly, but would Draconic Archivist be any use? Don't want to waste the feat...

stonegod:
[sblock]
In your extensive research and travel, you've never even heard of a working construct post-cataclysm, and there aren't any verified reports of dragons outside of Argonessen.[/sblock]

Einan

First Post
Would the Use Rope skill or the Survival skill be used to set basic snares, deadfalls and the like for hunting?

I'm trying to get into the frontiersy aspect of Horace. I'm picturing him as Nathan Fillion playing Davy Crockett.

Einan

Remove ads