Final words...




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 50 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1000

Thread: Final words...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    ajanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Berwyn
    Posts
    2,269

    Ignore ajanders

    Final words...

    This begins the adventure thread for Final Words.
    I'll try to keep this moving -- at least while not in combat -- once per day.
    Feel free to pulp things up a bit if you like.

    Bonus points given for people who get my occasional homages.
    You should expect to use your hero points here.

    Bront will be judging and keeping me in line if I get too carried away.
    Please make all die rolls on Invisible Castle.
    Let's start the show.
    Now playing Michael Grannion

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    Ignore s@squ@tch
    OOC

    Room for me?

    Character = Silvanon - CN Rogue 1
    just got approved

    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #3
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    ajanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Berwyn
    Posts
    2,269

    Ignore ajanders
    Kae steps out into the balmy Sharn night.
    It's late, but Sharn never sleeps, especially not near Clifftop. There's a good bit of foot traffic: drunken partygoers in twos, threes, and mobs, newsvendors hawking the papers, a pair of gnomish bards doing a magical Punch and Judy show, a street sweeper, more drunken partygoers...
    Skycarriages sweep overhead, climbing and diving like demented fireflies as their drivers try to find fares or landing space near the walks.
    There's a skycarriage trying to find a place to land near the Tower's Shard now.

    That's becoming difficult.
    Sharn is a cosmopolitan town, but there are some things that'll make them sit up and pay attention. Apparently an attractive woman with a spear and a talking metal bug is one of them.
    A newsboy alerts the neighborhood of the improved view.

    "Hey! Pipe the gams on that frail!!"

    There's a general surge of interest, catcalls, and wolf whistles.
    Punch yells he has a bigger spear for Kae if she wants it. Judy snickers quietly.
    A dwarf smelling strongly of whiskey edges up to Kae.
    "Hey baby, how YOU doin'?"

    It's a shame, really. In Droaam, that pickup line would do pretty well...
    Now playing Michael Grannion

  • #4
    Kae had a plan already in place, but it has to be said that she's never been one to slavishly follow a predetermined course of events. Much better, she thinks, to adapt flexibly to the situation as it changes. For instance, having never before spent a night in Sharn, she didn't know to expect quite this much traffic and general interest at such a late hour. Well now she knows... and it's only proper to adapt the plan to fit the circumstances, right?

    Besides which, it's somehow just much too tempting.

    She looks the stout one up and down with an appraising eye, apparently liking what she sees. She bends down to be at eye level with the boozy dwarf, giving him a thorough eyeful, and smiles wickedly at him.

    "Why, I'm doing just great," she murmurs huskily. "All the better for having made a friend - I'm afraid I'm rather lost and lonely tonight..."

    "Here," she says, thrusting the Messenger at him. "A gentleman should carry his lady's baggage, no? Now let's walk, I know a nice little place we can go."


    OOC
    I'll assume that the 'homage' in the pick up line is too obvious for me to get any points for recognizing it.

    For the record, Kae got rid of her spear. I think Ambra took it, swapping for the psicrystal.

    Bluff Check: 1d20+13 = 16

  • #5
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    ajanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Berwyn
    Posts
    2,269

    Ignore ajanders

    Ooc

    I've always viewed Sharn as Tokyo stacked on New York City. The place never really shuts down.
    Now playing Michael Grannion

  • #6
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    JRYoung's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,045

    Ignore JRYoung
    My communities:

    Rethlin, back with the others, continues to act drunk and staggering while trying to keep his eye on Kae and those around her. "Wheres to next, me fellers. Hic."

  • #7
    ooc
    I couldn't tell you for sure whether there's room or not s@squ@tch, but I DID notice your character is dragonmarked, which means that even if you don't get a place in this one I'll be happy to include you in the adventure I'll (hopefully) be starting sometime in the next few days, since I need a marked PC for the plothook. If you're willing and don't mind considerably less references... my movie-fu is weak.


    Ambra, unable to play the part of the drunk, at least manages to pull off the part of the timid and insufficiently drunken female trying to escape the attentions of the drunks pawing at her. She keeps silent, maintaning her link to the crystal round Kae's neck.
    Last edited by Paranoia833; Wednesday, 9th May, 2007 at 03:04 AM.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    ajanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Berwyn
    Posts
    2,269

    Ignore ajanders
    Quote Originally Posted by s@squ@tch
    OOC

    Room for me?

    Character = Silvanon - CN Rogue 1
    just got approved

    Sasquatch, I don't object, but you might be better served in the other adventure.
    I'll let you and the other PC's make the decision.
    Now playing Michael Grannion

  • #9
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    Between his best impressions of a rowdy singing drunk, Veyk sniffs at the air a little, and eyes with dismay the sudden surge in the " partys " size.

    Leaning towards Ambra for a moment, hiding his deliberate movement as a little swaying to-and-fro, he mutters under his breath, " After we're done with this little charade, you're going to have to do without ol' Sedar, hon. Too big a crowd for me. Don't forget what I told you about projecting your persona, I won't be there to remind you when the going gets tough. "
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #10
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    Ignore s@squ@tch
    OOC

    No problem, I'll just wander back into that bar over yonder and have another ale.

    Good luck!
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #11
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Moggthegob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,323

    Ignore Moggthegob
    My communities:

    Zook stumbles out of the bar looking unkempt and having not washed his robes in a bit alreayd looks wuite the part. He is carrying a wine bottle in his hand and spilling it all over himself. Mean while he is attempting to keep an eye out and a close eye on Kae. In fact he tries to stay close to her without seeming obvious. He whispers to Kae that he is readying a spell just in case.

    OOC: readying my color Spray if anyone attempts to attack Kae

  • #12
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    RavensPath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Billings
    Posts
    12

    Ignore RavensPath
    Lorinal follows along with the crowd, swaying in the best imitation of being drunk he can. Without trying to be too obvious he tries to keep Kae in sight as they move down the street.
    Those on the Ravens Path Seek Answers to Discover Questions.

  • #13
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    ajanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Berwyn
    Posts
    2,269

    Ignore ajanders
    The dwarf grins an alcoholic grin at Kae.
    "Shure t'ing, baybee."

    He carries it proudly before him, winking at various people in the manner of a lucky dwarf.

    The sound on the messenger is almost unintelligible, but the crunching grind of a crossbow bolt penetrating a warforged's skull is still coming through very well. Warforged are looking at the pair of you like they don't understand what you're doing, but they'd rather leave before they found out.

    "Hey, lookit the lights!"
    The dwarf has found out about the glass bead, and is squinting into it.

    A few paces behind Kae, Zook is doing his best to look drunk.

    (OOC: Zook, give me a Bluff check.)

    A few paces behind Zook, Ambra, Rethlin, Lorinal, and Sedar/Veyk are walking together, everyone looking either drunk or hassled by drunks.

    (OOC:Veyk, Ambra, Rethlin, Lorinal. Bluff Checks.)

    A few paces behind the four of them, I think Silvanon is following, also looking drunk.
    (OOC: S@squ@atch, are you in? If so, make a Bluff check.)

    Behind all of you, the skycab is still trying to land, but it's apparently trying to do so where the Punch and Judy show was playing. The gnomes aren't moving and the illusions are now making obscene gestures at the skycab, whose driver is making his displeasure known with volume and fluency.
    Now playing Michael Grannion

  • #14
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    ( 16. You know my drill on that one. )
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #15

  • #16
    While she's no actress, she's seen enough drunks and their 'friends', been it that position herself a few times even, to fake the process well enough. She even manages to pull it off in such a manner as to keep "Sedar's" hands from getting too friendly.

    OOC: Ambra's bluff check. (1d20+7=23) Meanwhile Ambra's psicrystal makes a sense motive check on the drunken dwarf (1d20+7=20) just to check that he is indeed what he appears to be.

  • #17
    Kae rounds on Zook, giving no sign of recognition. "Excuse me, do I know you?" she says in a tone of disdain. "Why don't you go find someone else to harass, hmmm?"

    The words 'someone else' are accompanied by just the slightest flicker of a significant nod in the direction of the other band, following at a more discreet distance. Without waiting for an answer, she turns back to her dwarf, rewarding him with a smile as one hand comes to rest lightly on his far shoulder. She leads him onwards, rather hoping that the thugs sent after the Messenger aren't going to be taking too very much longer to find them.


    OOC: Another Bluff check I guess. 1d20+13 = 25

  • #18
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    JRYoung's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,045

    Ignore JRYoung
    My communities:

    Rethlin Bluff (1d20-1=4)

    As promised Rethlin's acting job is quite poor, but he keeps trying...

  • #19
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    RavensPath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Billings
    Posts
    12

    Ignore RavensPath
    Lorinal bluff check1d20=12
    Those on the Ravens Path Seek Answers to Discover Questions.

  • #20
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    ajanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Berwyn
    Posts
    2,269

    Ignore ajanders
    Ambra's psicrystal accepts the dwarf.
    Grudgingly. He's not going to betray you ... yet.

    Zook gets told to buzz off. The dwarf gets distracted from the lights and glares at him menacingly.
    Then Kae distracts him some more and he subsides.

    The skycab has apparently given up on landing -- also on winning an insult contest with a pair of gnomish bards. The driver rolls up his window and cruises slowly up the street, still looking for a place to park.

    As the skycab passes over Veyk, Ambra, Lorinal, and Rethlin, they should make a Spot Check, DC 15:
    Spoiler:

    Two short flashes of green light come from the side of the skycab


    Zook, coming back to join them, does not need a Spot check to see behind the rest of Kae's backup:

    Spoiler:

    Five big humans -- real no-necks -- pushing through the crowd towards Rethlin. They're wearing craftsman's clothes.


    The dwarf smiles beerishly up at Kae and says "You know dis ting is broken, baybee?"
    Now playing Michael Grannion

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 50 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. FRINGE--Final Season.THE Final Fight/Liberty & An Enemy of Fate#12 & 13
      By Truth Seeker in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Tuesday, 22nd January, 2013, 01:56 AM
    2. FRINGE--Final Season. Final Fight/ The Human Kind#8
      By Truth Seeker in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Sunday, 9th December, 2012, 06:29 AM
    3. Star Trek: Enterprise -[Final Mission]- Stardate:503150. Final Log
      By Truth Seeker in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 78
      Last Post: Friday, 20th May, 2005, 05:24 PM
    4. Replies: 2
      Last Post: Wednesday, 13th August, 2003, 07:49 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •