Final words...

ajanders

Explorer
This begins the adventure thread for Final Words.
I'll try to keep this moving -- at least while not in combat -- once per day.
Feel free to pulp things up a bit if you like.

Bonus points given for people who get my occasional homages.
You should expect to use your hero points here.

Bront will be judging and keeping me in line if I get too carried away.
Please make all die rolls on Invisible Castle.
Let's start the show.

ajanders

Explorer
Kae steps out into the balmy Sharn night.
It's late, but Sharn never sleeps, especially not near Clifftop. There's a good bit of foot traffic: drunken partygoers in twos, threes, and mobs, newsvendors hawking the papers, a pair of gnomish bards doing a magical Punch and Judy show, a street sweeper, more drunken partygoers...
Skycarriages sweep overhead, climbing and diving like demented fireflies as their drivers try to find fares or landing space near the walks.
There's a skycarriage trying to find a place to land near the Tower's Shard now.

That's becoming difficult.
Sharn is a cosmopolitan town, but there are some things that'll make them sit up and pay attention. Apparently an attractive woman with a spear and a talking metal bug is one of them.
A newsboy alerts the neighborhood of the improved view.

"Hey! Pipe the gams on that frail!!"

There's a general surge of interest, catcalls, and wolf whistles.
Punch yells he has a bigger spear for Kae if she wants it. Judy snickers quietly.
A dwarf smelling strongly of whiskey edges up to Kae.
"Hey baby, how YOU doin'?"

It's a shame, really. In Droaam, that pickup line would do pretty well...

Autumn

First Post
Kae had a plan already in place, but it has to be said that she's never been one to slavishly follow a predetermined course of events. Much better, she thinks, to adapt flexibly to the situation as it changes. For instance, having never before spent a night in Sharn, she didn't know to expect quite this much traffic and general interest at such a late hour. Well now she knows... and it's only proper to adapt the plan to fit the circumstances, right?

Besides which, it's somehow just much too tempting.

She looks the stout one up and down with an appraising eye, apparently liking what she sees. She bends down to be at eye level with the boozy dwarf, giving him a thorough eyeful, and smiles wickedly at him.

"Why, I'm doing just great," she murmurs huskily. "All the better for having made a friend - I'm afraid I'm rather lost and lonely tonight..."

"Here," she says, thrusting the Messenger at him. "A gentleman should carry his lady's baggage, no? Now let's walk, I know a nice little place we can go."

[sblock=OOC]I'll assume that the 'homage' in the pick up line is too obvious for me to get any points for recognizing it. :p

For the record, Kae got rid of her spear. I think Ambra took it, swapping for the psicrystal.

Bluff Check: 1d20+13 = 16[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Rethlin, back with the others, continues to act drunk and staggering while trying to keep his eye on Kae and those around her. "Wheres to next, me fellers. Hic."

Paranoia833

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I couldn't tell you for sure whether there's room or not s@squ@tch, but I DID notice your character is dragonmarked, which means that even if you don't get a place in this one I'll be happy to include you in the adventure I'll (hopefully) be starting sometime in the next few days, since I need a marked PC for the plothook. If you're willing and don't mind considerably less references... my movie-fu is weak. :(
[/sblock]

Ambra, unable to play the part of the drunk, at least manages to pull off the part of the timid and insufficiently drunken female trying to escape the attentions of the drunks pawing at her. She keeps silent, maintaning her link to the crystal round Kae's neck.

Last edited:

ajanders

Explorer
s@squ@tch said:
[sblock=OOC]
Room for me?

Character = Silvanon - CN Rogue 1
just got approved

[/sblock]

Sasquatch, I don't object, but you might be better served in the other adventure.
I'll let you and the other PC's make the decision.

Kaodi

Hero
Between his best impressions of a rowdy singing drunk, Veyk sniffs at the air a little, and eyes with dismay the sudden surge in the " partys " size.

Leaning towards Ambra for a moment, hiding his deliberate movement as a little swaying to-and-fro, he mutters under his breath, " After we're done with this little charade, you're going to have to do without ol' Sedar, hon. Too big a crowd for me. Don't forget what I told you about projecting your persona, I won't be there to remind you when the going gets tough. "

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases