Final words...

ajanders

Explorer
The mooks roll their initiative and demonstrate everybody's apparently fired up tonight.
mook initiative (1d20=19)

And the order is:

Kae (19, dex 16)
Zook (19, dex 14)
Mooks (19, dex 11)
Ambra
Veyk
Lorinal (10, PC)
Miscellaneous civilians (10, extras)
Rethlin

Kae, nobody is near you on your initiative: you hear a ruckus, but don't have line of fire or a good view.
You can see the cab, though.
Post your actions.

Zook, your color spray is only 15 feet wide at it's widest point, so you can't quite cover the whole walkway. You can touch the side of the walk next to the shops or the side of the walk next to the fall. One 5 foot square will be unaffected: let me know which. Also, this area of affect will catch some innocent bystanders: let me know if you decide to hold your fire.

The mooks spread out into line abreast, pushing people aside, filling the entire walkway so you can't get past them, and surging towards the frail and insignificant form of Zook, sandbags raised menacingly.

(Edited to add Lorinal's initiative.)

Last edited:

Moggthegob

First Post
I will not hold my fire, the effects are only temporary. I will do it so that i hit the three mooksnearest to the shops so the innocent bystanders have no chance of falling off the walk. Then after my spell goes off I am getting behind Rethlin. I then cast Bless, yelling " Help, these mooks are coming after me with sandbags someone get the Watch."

Last edited:

ajanders

Explorer
Well, this'll be a short fight...

The five huge men advance menacingly on the frail little gnome, who promptly flicks his wrist and:
Will save for four mooks:
1d20-1=14, 1d20-1=3, 1d20-1=19, 1d20-1=9

knocks three of them cold (as well as some extra drunks in the line of fire) in a spray of brilliant colors.
Zook can use his move action to get behind Rethlin and cast his bless spell on the next round, though he may want to rethink that.

OOC
We need Lorinal's initiative before we go any further here: Lorinal, I'm sorry I forgot about you.
Kae can post her actions as desired, or hold them.

ajanders

Explorer
No problem. I hope there'll be bad guys left by the time you get an action, tho. :)
I'll add you to the initiative order.

Kae's pet dwarf turns to her. He opens his mouth to say something drunkenly complimentary.
Suddenly there are two soft slaps on the back of his head, and the only thing that comes out is a jet of bright red blood.
Triple-edged bolts (1d20+6=24, 1d20+6=16)
Two triple-edged crossbow bolts --just like the one in the final messenger -- drive through his nose and throat, leaving him dead on his feet.
triple edged bolts (1d10=5, 1d10=1)

The third bolt -- from a light crossbow -- sticks in his ribs, finishing the job.
Light Crossbow shots (1d20=17, 1d20=8)
The final messenger drops from dead fingers and shatters against the walkway. Now Kae is cuddling a corpse.
Light crossbow bolt (1d8=6)

Back at the other ambush, the two mooks orient on Ambra, thinking her the weakest link in the party's battle line.
Both of them strike at her with their saps, and while one misses, one connects solidly.
Sap, Power attack for 2 (1d20+1=13, 1d20+1=9)

Ambra takes 5 points of nonlethal damage. White lights explode across her vision -- just like in the final messenger -- and she falls, unconscious.
sap damage Power Attack 2 (1d6+3=5)

Veyk is next up.

Kaodi

Hero
Letting his drunken act lapse, Veyk closes the distance between him and the two men who attacked Ambra, drawing his longsword and lashing out in a single, swift motion.

" To think for a moment there I was going to play nice! "

Attack: 1d20+4=21

Damage: 1d8+2=3

Unfortunately, he misjudges his striking distance, causing his blade to make a more shallow and less lethal cut.

ajanders

Explorer
Round 1 update

Veyk strikes true, but the mook does not fall.
Rethlin's action is noted and will occur.

Lorinal is up first, though.

Remove ads