Crystal Shard

KarinsDad

Adventurer
If one does not use Complete Psionics and consider Psionics to be the same as Magic, it ignores DR. If using Complete Psionics, it does not ignore DR (IIRC).

Warbringer

Explorer
KarinsDad said:
If one does not use Complete Psionics and consider Psionics to be the same as Magic, it ignores DR. If using Complete Psionics, it does not ignore DR (IIRC).

Oh I love this game :)

Did they 'fix' it in complete psionic?

Bacris

First Post
Just like they fixed Hostile Empathic Transfer and Astral Construct :p

Basically, they put in a rule that crystal shard / hail of crystals and such effects are subject to DR.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Bacris said:
Just like they fixed Hostile Empathic Transfer and Astral Construct :p

Basically, they put in a rule that crystal shard / hail of crystals and such effects are subject to DR.

What fix did they suggest for Hostile Empathic Transfer then?

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Half as much damage, and a chain augment effect instead of a 20' spread. Duration has also changed from instantaneous to 1 round of holding the charge.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
blargney the second said:
Half as much damage, and a chain augment effect instead of a 20' spread. Duration has also changed from instantaneous to 1 round of holding the charge.

That sounds like much-needed improvements (having seen a psion in our campaign just do 90 untyped damage to a foe in one zap, and the idea of the spread effect was just horrendous!)

sumi

First Post
It is horrendous to do 87 points of damage to another creature and have a radius effect to do similar to others - I agree. A chain effect would be better.

However, you still have to have lost all those hit points in the first place.

How many psions are willing to stand next to someone, do a touch attack and hope that they fail their will save, when they only have a few hit points left? Not many I would guess, unless you were PSYCHO - which I am.

ps - Psy Warriors should n't have it as they have too many hit points

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases