Looking for a Name/Theme or both

Priest_Sidran

First Post
Hello all,

My friend is putting together his first true gaming world, and cannot think of an idea for the misnomer of the world, nor a theme. Anyone who has any ideas, shoot.

My own so far has been (Neither have been approved)

Savage Hearts Campaign Setting

Seven Stones Campaign Setting/ With the Theme based on name Seven Stones of power long dimmed have begun to start up in a world that at one time was low magic. Parents now await their childrens coming of age in horror as they now have the potential for going through Tafiri: or the Right of Awakening. This awakening can kill, and for those who survive it, they become Sorcerers, a fact that the studious Wizards fear, and even revile. People equate these things to the stones, some see it as good, others as evil. While they have not yet broken into war, some countries formally allies, are now divided over the onset of magic, one favors it, the other sees it as against the nature, and the Word. In addition, at the onset of the Stones Awakening, a strange breed of human kind, with strange markings, and tongues, appeared in the utter west of the realms with a strange god named Christos. (These are Knights Templars), these people finding themselves stuck in a heathen world make it a task that god has given them and proceed to butcher the heathen elves in the region they eventually carve to be their own, which they call Albion. The Stones continue to build power... (Yet to be approved by friend, shown here as an example of Theme)

Interested in your take on this world.

( I am writing a few side elements into the game (the templars being one of the major ones).

Priest_Sidran

First Post
What do you mean, a mockery, is telling the truth about our past (I am a christian), bad. Not really, why does having the Knights Templar in a campaign setting, in the vein I described wrong. Otherwise avoid posting to such topics if you have no useful stuff to say besides ugh...

As far as me insulting any real world religion, I have no intention of doing so, as before the atitude they take in the game setting could be one vein of how the real world Knights Templar might handle such a situation if it happened to them. In your vein of thought we should not play OGL Ancients, or Celtic Age, or any one of many supplement games that pretends to know what it is their talking about when it comes to Greek, Egyptian, or Celtic Religion. This is the same as playing while using rules from them, why isn't that insulting.

Simple fact is it isn't, thought it might be to you personally, which I can apologize for, but that doesn't mean that I bend to the will of one opinion. Its a game, we make of it what we will. I am truly sorry that you are insulted by the use of a Real World group, of whom I have borrowed a semblance and made them to react in a way that they proved they might act in.

Of course, the word Butcher may have been an overstatement, but we are talking about the Templars as an Order in and of themselves, stuck in a universe in which they themselves do not belong. Would a group of knights stuck in such a place be treated fairly by those who find them armed with sword, and shield, or would they be mistaken for raiders, bandits, and what not, perhaps invaders from some distant shore. The use of Knights Templars, the Motivation that God Gave them a Task, one they were already on their way to accomplish on earth, (their is no mockery in history, however generalized it may appear).

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
[MOD]

Let me just head this off at the pass and remind people not to make this thread into an argument about the history of christianity and its good and bad points.

This is a thread about an imaginary world with a setting inspired by real-world history, which is not all that uncommon.

It is no more or less a mockery than say, playing in Maztica is a mockery of Aztec religions. Let's remember, this is make-believe stuff!

If you don't like where the ideas presented here come from or where they are going just ignore the thread.

As long as the rules regarding politics/religion aren't actually broken there is no reason the themes of this setting cannot be explored.

Thanks
[/MOD]

Priest_Sidran

First Post
Thank you, el-remmen,

My intention with this post was not to get a response about christianity at all. I am looking for some names for a friend whose stumped. I tried to keep the above (3rd post) as positive and non arguementive as I was able, though I didn't handle it as well as I'd liked.

So if anyone wants to discuss anything other than what the thread is about feel free to write me at my email Sid7e_NB at myway.com. Otherwise, just have fun trying to help a New DM out.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases