Jemal's Prisoners

ethandrew

First Post
Eoghan witnesses the mixed results over his shoulder while hurrying back to the fort at Quill's request. He realizes the foolishness at standing ground while these beasts overrun them all, so he continues his exhausting trek to the trees, again moving as fast as he can.

[sblock=OOC]He will flatout run again, 120' round.

Jemal - I have no issues with you changing his actions like that. He was stuck in the middle with no viable options either way, so I appreciate it![/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Mei-Ying considers her options. She could cast a few preparative magicks on herself...to fortify herself against the coming battle, or she could use some long-range effects to harry the enemy directly, now.

Perhaps a bit of both.

With little more than a curt gesture, a transparent disc etched with runes that glow with violet foxfire appears in front of her, then fades to invisibility.

She then concentrates more completely, the green stone in her forehead glowing with inner power as she summons her strength. She speaks at no more than a whisper, yet her words carry over a distance as if she were hissing into her allies' ears. This is not the incomprehensible, yet somehow pleasant language Mei-ying usually speaks in. This is the language of blood and bones, of earth and air; a language of the gods, spoken before mankind had taken his first steps upright. Green tinged smoke trickles out from her lips as she forms the words, and sweeps her arms in circles to contain the power. The smoke drifts upward, in defiance of wind, and forms into strange sigils that slowly orbit her head.

Then her eyes snap open, and she makes a quick grabbing gesture, her fingers clutched like an eagle's claw.

And across the battlefield, where the wolves leap and bay, bearing their dread masters into battle...an invisible giant hand of immense power grabs the worg that carries the leader forward, and attempts to wrestle it to the ground!

(Quickened Shield on self, and Telekinesis to grapple the mount of whoever looks to be the most "important," richest clothes, biggest weapon, etc... TK Grapple is +20, no save but the mount can make an opposed check to avoid grapple)

-SIN-

First Post
Valak continues his headlong charge toward the fort; His way lit by streaks of crackling electricity that arc high above him in the dimming sky. Following the brief flashes to their origin, Valak barely makes out the sight of Quill, which although the dire circumstances, brings a smile to his face. This expression is wiped away moments later, the wind whipping in his ears as the Centaur's arrows flash past in blurring succession. Valak tucks his head to his chest, leaning forward to drive his frame onward at all possible speed...

[sblock=OOC]RUN! As fast as he can toward the fort! No other action, unless a more viable one is presented[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
*Just need Xing'dao and Quill. I'd like to do an update a day during combat, so it doesn't take too long, so if you guys can post ASAP when we're fighting that'd be awesome.*

[sblock=Sin]
Yeah, i just realized the other day that while Valak may be tireless, he's also slow! I'd forgotten about the fact that you were wearing armour. BTW, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't running in Plate Mail only X3? So wouldn't your RUN speed be 75?
[/sblock]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Quill raises an eybrow over the ineffectiveness, of one of his most powerful spells "What exactly are we up against?"

Remembering one of this worlds many quaint saying he can't help but shrug and smile as he says it "In for a penny in for a pound"

Pointing his finger at the approaching raiders Quill sights upon the leader once more and begins speaking in the language of magic. Upon completion a glowing pea sized bead streaks towards the approaching group.

OOC: Maximised Uttercold Fireball 60 points of damage (30 points of cold damage and 30 points of negative energy damage) Reflex Dave DC 19 for half. The spell is aimed to get in the maximum number of target as possible including the leader of the raiders

Avalon®

First Post
"Faster you fools. We are have no cover here. Quickly, to the shelter of the fort."

Xing'dao Li moves quickly back to the fort until he reaches the walls.

[sblock=OOC]Double moves to the fort.

Jemal, who do you want to roll for the tripwire's hide check?[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Round 2

[sblock=Initiative]
Xing'dao: 19
Valak: 14
Eoghan: 8
Bandits: 7
Quill: 6
Mei-Ying: 5
Celes: 4
[/sblock]
Xing'Dao shouts at his companions, his actions speaking to those who can't understand him as he waves them towards the fort, then bolts back to it.

Valak rolls his eyes at the mans antics. He's going as fast as he can, after all. What's the human expect him to do, grow wings? Eoghan, slightly ahead of Valak, likewise goes all out, closing the distance to the fort, though leaving Valak further behind as the Bandits continue their catch-up.

Quill determinedly sends another magical assault at the Bandits, though sees as it explodes that they've spread out a bit to make such attacks slightly less effective... though their plan only partially works. The sheer ferocity of the blast throws 2 bandits off of their worgs, as the beasts tumble dead to the ground. Another bandit, off to the side, screams and clutches at his chest suddenly, rolling off his Worg to hit the dirt. The rest continue coming, seeming even more determined.

Suddenly however, the lead worg seems to slam into an invisible wall, which then Presses it down onto the ground, howling. The rider rolls off and looks around, shouting.

Noting that there are now 4 bandits either unsaddled or dead, Celes sites in on one who'd been acosted by the strange fireball and sends a trio of arrows at it. Two thud into his shoulder, another flying wide, and he keeps coming, reaching up to snap the arrows off (23 Damage).

There are currently six (some heavily injured) bandits heading your way.

[sblock=Distances]
Fort: Mei'ing, Quill, Xing'dao
50' : Tripwire
105': Celes
200': Eoghan
325': Valak
600': 7 Bandits (Leader is currently dismounted) and 1 loose Worg.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Whichever of Quill and Xing'dao have a better hide check roll it, and the other can Aid.

If you wish to take 10, you may.

Also, LR, Needed more SR checks (though you didn't know how many to roll, I guess). They've spread out a bit since the last round, but not too much, so you manage to get 6 of them, plus the associated Worgs.
SR checks: DC 15, you fail.. NONE. wow, 12 successful SR checks (though you need a 2 to fail) http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079477 . most made their saves, though.

Also, mei-Ying's Grapple check: 36, Lead Worg's : 36. (I'm not kidding.)
Tiebreaker goes to TK, as it has a higher modifier.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Eoghan continues to run as his fellow prisoners assault their pursuants or continue to run to the fort. He looks back over his shoulder. The death knight is falling behind, the distance between him and Eoghan growing. But he figures the formidable alley will have sufficient time to make the safety of the fort. Even as such, he should not be left as the only man back. Not to face whatever these foes present.

[sblock=Actions]Eoghan will slow his run until Valak catches up, then he will match it the death knight all the way to the fort, the two running together.[/sblock]

-SIN-

First Post
Valak strides on relentlessly; Dust, gravel and ancient bleached bones crunching under his feet as he pounds on after his companions. With a low growl he continues to push his decaying body to it's limits.

[sblock=OOC]Continue at 75' toward the fort.

And sorry Jemal for the many mistakes, in truth, had I realised the speed issue I never would have turned back for Eoghan in the first place! lol!! Sorry Eoghan! ;p

[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]*at the current rate, the bandits will catch Valak in 2-3 rounds, when he's still a hundred feet from the fort. (If there are any left to attack him after the massive explosions). Even if Eoghan were to slow to a walk, it would take Valak 2 rounds to catch up. Stopping completely, he'll still be behind you.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases