Solo Adventure (See inside for rambling details)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Are you interested in participating in a solo adventure where you get to create and play your dream character, in a world that is responsive to the actions of your character. A game where the 'adventures' are designed around the goals and aspirations of your character, where you get to choose the exactly path and direction of your character from low levels to any height you choose.

Well so am I.

Basically I'm offering some luckily sucker person out there the use of my DMing skills to do practically any sort or solo campaign that you want. That's right you get to decide what the character creation guidelines are, you get to decide what setting you want to play in, you get to decide how quick or slow level advancement is. etc etc Basically my role would be to help you flesh out the story that you want to pursue, and to handle all of the rules and stuff.

Also just to clarify just because this starts out as a solo adventure that doesn't mean that this will necessarily remain a solo adventure, if you decided to team up with a group of like-minded people, then instead of me portraying them I might decide to recruit other players to take cameo roles (both as friends and foes) especially if your want to overthrow some arch-villain, I think it would be fairer (and more fun) to have someone else portray this role.

But there is a catch! (Isn't there always)

You have to be willing to do the same for me. Basically I've had one of those ideas knocking around my head for a while;

What would it be like to RP a unique Black Dragon from Hatchling to Great Wyrm and possibly beyond.

Normally trying to portray such a concept would be differcult to say the least, especially since such a character would be underpowered compared to other non LA heavy concepts.

Also I think the whole LA vs CR system is way out of wack, and that trying to play such a character would mean going up against things that are way to tough or way to easy to deal with.

Besides in a real world the majority of encounters/people should be low to mid level at the maximum. Whereas adventurers always seem to have encounters with those of similar power. So if my Mature Adult Black Dragon decides to try and sack and eat a few villages, a group of four 14th level characters won't necessarily magically appear to battle him.

Sure the local rulers might eventually try and recruit such a group to take him down, which is fair enough and perhaps even logical. Assuming that such a group of high powered characters actually exist.

~~~~

Basically I want to accurately and realistically portray the rise (and possible fall) of a slightly different hatchling black dragon to a powerful ruler of vast empire as a Great Wyrm.

Reading Blackdirges accounts of the lives of Nithrekel the Earth Mephit, Urg the Unlikely, Hargash the Orc Warrior, Myrgle the Gnoll Adept, Hazergal and Grummok really inspired me to try this out. And since I'm not a particularly good writer and I thought it would be more fun if the outcome is fluid and not predetermined I finally came up with the idea of doing this in the form of a solo adventure.

Rhun

First Post
Hey, didn't we try this a few months ago and you didn't have time to play? :p

(Also, for what it is worth...the ruler of the largest realm in my homebrew campaign setting is Adiraxx the Eternal. An ancient, half-fiend black dragon sorcerer.)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Rhun said:
Hey, didn't we try this a few months ago and you didn't have time to play? :p
Um yes we did and no I didn't. ;)

Things are different now as I do have time to play.

BTW I didn't want to presume that you had either the time, energy or inclination to do this, that's I why I opened it up to see if there are any other like-minded souls out there..

DralonXitz

First Post
This is something that sounds like it could be fun as hell (especially DMing your story of a dragon's advancement through life, I see quite a bit of creative potential there.)

I'll be honest, I've always wanted to play a Level 40 CE Character, and raze through an entire civilization. If you're willing, I am as well.

Rhun

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
BTW I didn't want to presume that you had either the time, energy or inclination to do this, that's I why I opened it up to see if there are any other like-minded souls out there..

I appreciate that actually. I've been a little swamped lately, and I don't want to overburden myself.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
DralonXitz said:
This is something that sounds like it could be fun as hell (especially DMing your story of a dragon's advancement through life, I see quite a bit of creative potential there.)

I'll be honest, I've always wanted to play a Level 40 CE Character, and raze through an entire civilization. If you're willing, I am as well.
I'm open to the possiblity as long as your CE character doesn't do anything so debase that I'd be grossed out in real life.

Would you want to start as a level 40 character or work your way there.

After all we don't have to follow the usual character advancement guidelines. If you want to skip 1, 10, 20 or any amount of time we can always just jump to that point after you've advanced your character accordingly.

Anyway I'll just wait and see if there are any other takers, while I finish creating my working on my wyrmling black dragon.

Land Outcast

Explorer
The idea intrigues me...
I'm not interested for the time being (no dream character aside from the dwarven fighter which I played from lvl 1 to 20... my first character :eek: ).
Yet, the idea is interesting, and I'll sure be following the rise and... godhood? fall? of said black dragon.

Note: I'd want to play the starring dragon-hunter-or-whatever-NPC on occasion.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Land Outcast said:
The idea intrigues me...
I'm not interested for the time being (no dream character aside from the dwarven fighter which I played from lvl 1 to 20... my first character :eek: ).
Yet, the idea is interesting, and I'll sure be following the rise and... godhood? fall? of said black dragon.

Note: I'd want to play the starring dragon-hunter-or-whatever-NPC on occasion.
Every character needs a polar opposite (aka nemesis) to spice things up every once and a while.

DralonXitz

First Post
I'd probably want to start as a 40, I'd cook up a rather long background explaining his adventures to that point, and no, I wouldn't do anything too grotesque, however, the occasional Gnomish genocide in a small village is the kind of alley I'm thinking.

Rhun

First Post
Land Outcast said:
The idea intrigues me...

I seem to remember a dwarven fighter...that I am still NPCing, by the by. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases