Unconverted Imagine creatures

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
And here is the list of unconverted creatures from the pages of Imagine Adventure Games Magazine:

None remaining!

The pocket guide to Imagine creatures is available here.

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
Echohawk said:
And here is the list of unconverted creatures from the pages of Imagine Adventure Games Magazine:
  • 15 - Marsh Dragon (Draco Fatalus Plagues)

Is this a true dragon? If so, would you mind posting the stats at some point in the true dragon conversion thread? :D

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Shade: Will do. [lazy]What's the URL for that thread?[/lazy]

Aspect of Boz: I've been keeping an eye out for Imagine for a while, and when a complete set popped up on ebay, it was just too tempting. If there are any other critters from Imagine you're interested in stats for, let me know and I'll sort something out.

Garnfellow

Explorer
Aspect of BOZ said:
how does one even go about getting copies of Imagine? :) i've never even seen one, though i've heard about it before.

Yeah, ebay is your best bet. Individual issues seem fairly rare, but don't seem to command huge prices, either.

In general, I don't think Imagine was ever nearly as good as Dragon or White Dwarf -- it seemed to have never really found its groove by the time TSR pulled the plug.

Imagine did have some really good adventures, though, and I think many of them were collected in a single "best of" volume. If you only buy one issue, that would be the one to get. There was a nifty adventure where the PCs get shrunk down and have to fight their way through a wizard's kitchen sink drain. I've often thought that would make a nice 3.5e conversion.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow said:
Imagine did have some really good adventures, though, and I think many of them were collected in a single "best of" volume.
Yes, that's the Imagine Special Edition issue, which was a collection of adventures from the first 18 or so issues.
If you only buy one issue, that would be the one to get. There was a nifty adventure where the PCs get shrunk down and have to fight their way through a wizard's kitchen sink drain. I've often thought that would make a nice 3.5e conversion.
That's "Round the Bend" by Jim Bambra, the adventure that gave D&D "wrigglies" as an official creature. It also features gigantic rats, enormous rot grubs and an immense green slime :cool:.

RavinRay

Explorer
Echohawk said:
  • 25 - Agta (Demon), Batibat (Demon), Tikbalang (Demon), Aswang, Mansalauan, Segben, Mantabungal
I recognize the agta (aka kapre), tikbalang and aswang from our very own Philippine folklore! The others might be Malayo-Indonesian (like the penanggalan in the 1e Fiend Folio and 3e Oriental Adventures). Did that issue focus on (SE) Asian monsters?

Oh wait, I saw on your other IMAGINE Magazine thread that they're all Philippine monsters. Hey, I'd like to see 'em too.

As an aside, a now-defunct FLGS that was the FLGS of the 80's to mid-90's is now having a liquidation sale and I'm scouring it for any older edition refs for monsters.

RavinRay

Explorer
A big thanks to Echohawk for his help... it's gonna be fun to convert those critters; one of them (I won't say which) can kill creatures merely by biting their shadow :eek: now that's something to be wary of.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases