Eberron Setting?

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Bari said:
So um, what happened with this? Is the idea going to die down or something?
Anything like activating a new set of rooms will take time to decide and we still haven't had any of the Magi step forward to say they're willing to be setting coordinator for this. That, frankly, will probably be the most important factor. Once someone volunteers, then the details of exactly which restrictions to have, and how to phrase and enforce them, and how to decribe the rooms, can all be hashed out.

That doesn't mean discussion can't continue. The more people show that they have a continued interest in this (and not just the "oh wow! fun idea of the month!" response that then gets dropped for the next idea), the more likely that you'll get one of the Magi interested too.

And we do hope to get more Magi.

Most things concerning ISRP do take a long time to get off the ground. I'm still sort of amazed that the "Into the Future" event got proposed, discussed, accepted, and happened, all within one month. :)

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Well, let's see. Currently active Magi are Siani (already setting coordinator for the Oerth rooms), Gabriel (tech guy who doesn't want to run a setting), Nashira (setting coordinator for the Faerun rooms), Brigid (setting coordinator for the NYC rooms), Apolline, Beatrix, and me (setting coordinator for the Sigil rooms). ;-)

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Jeajea said:
I wouldn't mind hosting it. Sorry, rephrase; I would LOVE to host it.

You cannot host it. The setting coordinator is the one to legislate what does and doesn't count as a setting violation, as well as periodically review the logs to monitor what's been happening in their rooms. This means the ability to look at logs, and the power to give official warnings and to ban a user. So... gotta be one of the Magi.

Magi_Trelian said:
Well, let's see. Currently active Magi are Siani (already setting coordinator for the Oerth rooms), Gabriel (tech guy who doesn't want to run a setting), Nashira (setting coordinator for the Faerun rooms), Brigid (setting coordinator for the NYC rooms), Apolline, Beatrix, and me (setting coordinator for the Sigil rooms). ;-)

...apolline and beatrix, ay? Heh, so, where are their emails, I wish to bombard them with "Please please please please!?"s. :D

...actually, a better question would be do either of them know anything about Eberron/interested in the setting, OR is it possible for one magi to be setting coordinator for two rooms (big ask, I know, but just curious more then anything)

Last edited:

Jeajea

First Post
Magi_Trelian said:
You cannot host it. The setting coordinator is the one to legislate what does and doesn't count as a setting violation, as well as periodically review the logs to monitor what's been happening in their rooms. This means the ability to look at logs, and the power to give official warnings and to ban a user. So... gotta be one of the Magi.

This you know I know, and I further knew that that's what you'd say, so at first I didn't post what I posted. But then I decided to post it, so I did, and then you did what I thought you'd do when I was thinking about what you'd do if I did what I've just done. Skippididoowop. I should write poetry or something.

On a slightly more serious note, yes, I know. I'd still like it to be clearly known that I would LOVE (all in capital letters) to host Eberron. Just that. Nuff said, as they say.

Incidentally, by way of excusing myself I want to point out that I sat an exam today, and two days ago, and have more on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I quite honestly think I'm going a teensy bit mad. Ahh, to hell with it, remove 'going'.

Valdroth

First Post
Trelian said:
I lurk mostly, on this name or that, but I feel the need to step onto the soapbox for a short while.
Of exceeding interest to me are some of the paradoxical, ambiguous statements posted.

You state that “we” (whomever the subject(s) may be) “hope to get more Magi.”
It’s an ambiguous statement, to be sure. There are no announcements suggesting future interviews or acceptance/review of applications. Call me convoluted and illogical, but that’s always the first step a business or group takes when desiring new staff persons, I would presume. Naturally, those companies, businesses, or congolomerations of individuals who do not, in fact, give a cows’ feces about the patrons it purportedly serves would not, in fact, do this. Conversely, they pretend to always be genuinely conducting searches for “that right person” for “that role” although, of course, it is a rare occurrence indeed that they follow through.

You listed all of the active Magi earlier, too. With more than a touch of cynicism, I duly noted that two of the Magi you list – Appoline and Beatrix – aren’t even setting coordinators. In fact, you don’t even say what Magi-tasks they are engrossed in, so as to render them incapable of hosting any setting – or maintaining anything, apparently. You said:

…the one to legislate what does and doesn't count as a setting violation, as well as periodically review the logs to monitor what's been happening in their rooms.

Trelian’s words. Not mine.
If that’s the truth, then it would proverbially logical to proffer that a Magi, technically speaking, wouldn’t have to be that knowledgeable about Eberron; just informed about the created setting as it stands. Since there are at least two Magi who are purportedly active (despite the fact nobody sees them), the solution ought to be a simple one. I’ll let you, reader, make the connection there.

I also find it highly intriguing how swift you were in eliminating Jeajea’s enthusiasm, and offer to help. Albeit, he is not a Magi, but such enthusiasm and offer to take the mantle of a task which, assuredly, is not all that fun is something that should be commended. That merely leads me to ponder my first point:
Trelian said:

Hmm. Is it an attempt to settle everyone into pacifist complacency or an outright lie?

Remove ads