Tale of a Black Dragon

Velmont

First Post
This game is a solo game I'll DM. Lord Raven will be the player.

So, Lord, what do you expect for that game? Gives all detail you would like to see in it and I will try to stick to it as much as possible. For my part, a few reminder of what I have suggested:

The story will be in 12 chapter. Each chapter will tell the main event of an age of teh dragon (starting with hatchling and finishing to great wyrm... supposing the dragon doesn't die before ;) ) Each chapter will be driven by the will of the player and the action he has taken when he was younger. Suffer the consequence of your acts :]

For the stats, nothing have been decided yet.

For the world, I'm open to suggestion, but as you'll hatch from the egg, you'll have to discover the world in game. I,ll tell you wnat you need to know, but if you want to see something in the world I can easily incoporate it. I'll give you some freedom at this moment.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Thanks for this Velmont, below is my completed Wyrmling Black Dragon, who is currently called Vorax, but who likes to think of himself as Vorastrixvutha the Ebony Sorcerer.

Vorax is different from other Black Dragons in that he is Neutral Evil (instead of Chaotic Evil) and that he was born with a natural aptitude for magic.

Regarding start up I want to start the game as Vorax is emerging from his egg to discover that he is alone in the world and must fend for himself. I'll let you decide on the specifics of the world time line and setting.

Saying that I would prefer to start out in a swamp that isn't too far distant from a human settlement and hopefully close to some other frequently traveled body of water such as a river or sea.

Also despite Vorax technically being an 8th level ECL character, I'm happy to start out with no equipment or items as he's just emerged from his egg.

[sblock=Vorax - Wyrmling Black Dragon]
Code:
Vorax (Vorastrixvutha - Ebony Sorcerer)
Black Dragon Wyrmling / Sorcerer 1 (ECL 8)

Alignment: Neutral Evil
Size: Tiny
Type: Dragon(Water)
Base Speed: 60, fly 100 (avg), swim 60

Str: 12 (+0)  4 pts
Dex: 12 (+2)  4 pts
Con: 14 (+1)  4 pts +2 racial
Int: 12 (+7)  6 pts -2 racial
Wis: 12 (+2)  4 pts
Cha: 15 (+1) 10 pts -2 racial +1 level

HP: 44 (4d12 + 1d4 + 10)

AC: 16 (10 base +2 Size +1 Dex +3 arm)

Saves: 
For: +6  (4 Base +2 Con)
Ref: +5  (4 Base +1 Dex)
Wil: +7  (6 Base +1 Wis)

Init: +5

Base attack bonus: +4

Attacks: 
+7 Bite 1d4+1

Skills                 Total     Ranks   Stats    Misc
Appraise		 1        0.0      1        0
Balance			 1        0.0      1        0
Bluff			 2        0.0      2        2
Climb			 1        0.0      1        0
Concentration		 6        5.0      1        0
Craft (untrained)	 1        0.0      1        0
Diplomacy		 4        2.0      2        0
Disguise		 2        0.0      2        0
Escape Artist		 1        0.0      1        0
Forgery			 1        0.0      1        0
Gather Information	 2        0.0      2        0
Heal			 1        0.0      1        0
Hide			13        4.0      1        8
Intimidate		 4        2.0      2        0
Jump			 1        0.0      1        0
Know(Arcana)		 6        5.0      1        0
Know(Geography)		 3        2.0      1        0
Know(History)		 3        2.0      1        0
Listen			 7        6.0      1        0
Move Silently		 5        4.0      1        0
Perform			 2        0.0      2        0
Search			 3        2.0      1        0
Sense Motive		 3        2.0      1        0
Spellcraft		 6        5.0      1        0
Spot			 7        6.0      1        0
Survival		 1        0.0      1        0
Swim			14        5.0      1        8
Feats
1 - Improved Initiative
3 - Flyby Attack

Languages: Draconic, Common.

Equipment
Head:
Eyes:
Neck:
Torso:
Body:
Belt:
Cloak:
Arms:
Hands:
Ring1:
Ring2:
Feet:

Other Items:

Treasure: 0
Weight Carried: 0lbs
Carrying Capacity: Light(21lb), Medium(22-43lb), Heavy(44-65lb)

Black Dragon Abilities
Breath Weapon: Line of Acid 2d4(14) 30 foot length
Immune to Acid, Sleep & Paralysis
Blindsense 60 feet
Darkvision 120 feet
Low-light Vision: Four times better than a humans.
Water Breathing
+8 racial bonus on swim checks. Can take 10 while swimming

Sorcerer Abilities
Summon Familiar

Spells Known (5/4 DC 12 + SL)
0th - Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Read Magic.
1st - Color Spray, Obscuring Mist

Spells Cast
0th - 4/5
1st - 3/4

Length: 4 feet
Weight: 5 lb

Appearance:
Vorax has the typical appearance of a wyrmling black dragon

Background:
Vorax emerged from his shell and discovered that his mother had been slain and that his unhatched siblings were about to be captured.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
You have express the will to play in DL... that would be an interesting idea, but I,ll have to rethink a bit the whole story, as opposite to a homebrew world, there is a whole story line to follow, except if we go into the fifth age, which could be a possibility too. If we don't, go into teh fifth age, that mean you would probably live the events we know about from the point of view of a dragon. that also mean you will be banish a few times if we play during the dragon wars, which mean the idea of follwoing the ages will be a bit more harder.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
You have express the will to play in DL... that would be an interesting idea, but I,ll have to rethink a bit the whole story, as opposite to a homebrew world, there is a whole story line to follow, except if we go into the fifth age, which could be a possibility too. If we don't, go into teh fifth age, that mean you would probably live the events we know about from the point of view of a dragon. that also mean you will be banish a few times if we play during the dragon wars, which mean the idea of follwoing the ages will be a bit more harder.
Since you put it that way homebrew sounds like fun to me.

Velmont

First Post
Ok, the first chapter will start next week, once I,ll be back from my dancing week-end. I don't think i nee dmuch more than your stats, as your background is: I'm born in an egg :p

Velmont

First Post
I'm back from the week-end... I should do something today or tomorrow, once I'll have catch back everything everywhere in my life.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases