TCotM: Tenebrynn's Idylls

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thats okay Kiara, if you can just let me know where they are I'll get them. You should keep sleeping, we've got a long journey ahead of ourselves tomorrow. It's too bad I didn't keep any Teleport scrolls around the house in case of emergency. I'll have to remember to do that when I can remember how to cast it." he says finding himself fitting more and more into the role.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Are you sure, honey? I'm awake now, and you're the one who's sick," she protests with concern on her face, but her argument is weakened by another big yawn, "Okay, you win," she laughs, "Let me show you where the pearls are. There aren't many. I remember you were so happy when you figured out how to do a better analysis and you kissed me and you told me you never had to drink a pearlshake again."

*Kiara leads Tenebrynn to a small storage area and pulls out four 100 GP pearls.*

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you Kiara, I've found the spell I'd need in my spellbook, but I don't think I can figure out the notes I've made. It'll come back with everything else I guess. Go back to bed, I'll be okay." he says sincerely. He then sets about with the detect magics thing.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Kiara goes back upstairs.*

*Casting Detect Magic, Tenebrynn discovers a bunch of auras. The strongest are the robe (Strong varied), the coiling-pattern sapphire wand/rod thingy (Strong no school), Orb (Strong varied), length of obsidian with skull (Strong no school), and staff (Strong Necromancy).*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The robe is a Robe of the Archmagi. Now, those usually have a colour of black, grey, or white, but he can't help but noticing that it's a sort of off-black dark purple affair. The analysis indicates that some combination of Elayna Valsice going Neutral and trying to refix her Robe to not give her negative levels but never finishing combined with Wild Surges has left it at a point where it is neither colour. It gives one negative level to Neutral and Evil wearers and still three to Good wearers. For a small price, it can probably be fixed in either direction, but it will still always be a ladies' dress/robe for female mages.*

*The spiraling coiling sapphire thing is a very classy personal spell nexus that has apparently been safeguarded and connected to one particular mage's energies and casting style. It also has some sort of Misdirection magic that prevent the Identify from determining more details--stronger magic is required.*

*The orb is a modified Orb of Storms that ostensibly can attempt to control aether storms and temporal aspects as well as usual weather, though it doesn't have the whole Storm of Vengeance thing. There is an unidentifiable quirk in the item due to wild surges. For a small price, it can probably be fixed.*

*The skull-tipped rod is a Lesser Necromantic Nexus. You can cast necromancy spells into the nexus, one each of levels 0, 1, 2, and 3. You can then substitute any spell of those levels for the spells stored in the nexus (this does not expend the nexus spells, but it does expend your spell slot) as long as you are holding the nexus. Whenever you cast the spells stored in the nexus, the DC increases by 1. Also, you can cast the spells stored in the nexus as if they were the subject of the Still Spell feat 3/day. There is an unidentifiable quirk in the item due to wild surges. For a small price, it can probably be fixed.*

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Hmm all quite powerful items, but nothing that I care to try on now. If I could get this robe to be more neutral it might work for me, but not looking like that it wont." muses Tenebrynn. He is curious about the other items, but without any more pearls, he'll have to wait. Perhaps in the morning he and Kiara can pick up some on the way out.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Tenebrynn waits until morning then? It wasn't stated, but I'll assume yes. )

*If he returns to his room, he finds that Kiara is still sleeping on the floor in case Tenebrynn possibly feels woozy and needs to lie down and use the bed. Eventually, her eyes flutter open, and she yawns:*

"I'm sorry Tenebrynn. Have I been keeping you? You could have just shook me awake if you were ready to go, I wouldn't mind. I baked all your favourites for you while you were resting. Shall we be on our way?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Good morning Kiara, yes I think it would be best to be off now. I've always liked an early start on journey's such as these. Shall we get a couple horses? I don't imagine we still have my old horse what with Teleporting most places."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Horses?" Kiara laughs, and leans forward to almost kiss Tenebrynn before thinking better of it and pulling back, "Oh, darling, don't worry. Brynhild and Gudrun are ready to take us to Medibaria. Shall we ride?"

Remove ads