1 PC Adventure Paths

Crothian

First Post
Solo adventures are very rare. Expeditious Retreat Press has some for individual classes. I have not heard of an adventure path for a solo character.

However, I did use the World's Largest Dungeon as a solo adventure last year. It was a lot of fun!! :D

The Lost Muse

First Post
You could conceivably run a single character through the Freeport Trilogy (Death, Terror, and Madness) although you'd have to either up the character level or tone down some encounters.

sckeener

First Post
Expeditious Retreat is what you are looking for...

here's a link to them on Paizo's site: :)

The problem that publisher's have in designing adventures for solo games is class. Typical adventures target the core 4 (fighter, cleric, magic-user, thief)....The designers/publishers have no idea what class the player wants to play and it would be silly to design a trap filled dungeon if the player wasn't playing a thief.....or all hack-n-slay for a wizard. Hence the small market for solo adventures...it is hard to get it right.

The best work around is to try the gestalt rules from UA. At least you would be able to have the solo character play 2 classes and make designing adventures easier.

Having said that, playing with a single character is kind of fun because it is easy to build the story. The problem is the player will frequently catch up to the DM...so hopefully your player is interested in helping design the story....

Dirigible

Explorer
The problem that publisher's have in designing adventures for solo games is class...

Which is why TSR published the (Class)'s Challange solo adventures back in 2e, each designed for one PC of one class. I have three of them, and they're some of the best-developed adventures I've ever read.

FireLance

Legend
I'm working on one for a paladin. Currently it's on hiatus, but the first four adventures (for a 1st to 4th level paladin) are more or less done. You can have a look at my work here.

roguerouge

First Post
Okay, so there's a couple of modules for individual characters. What about a set of modules or an adventure path that can be rescaled for single PC parties? Savage Tide? Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil whatever? Any recommendations or speculations on those?

I'm looking to take someone on an epic adventure, but the modules don't have to end at level 20 for the PCs (especially given the party size.)

Crothian

First Post
I'm playing in Savage Tides. We have 6 PCs and it's kicking our ass. We've completed only two chapters and we've had 4 deaths!! If you go with ST you might either want to do some rewrites of make the PC level 6 to start. :D

I think the Freeport modules would be best. You will still need to be careful because the class of the PC will determine so much of what can and cannot be dealt with. But it has a very cool story line to it and a great city to explore.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*is glad to be back!* :D

Btw if any you are curious there is another way to do a solo PC adventurers. You need Tome of Artifacts, the Bastard of Exalted Deeds, but trust me, use that and your PC will be able to handle a good chunk of things WITHOUT completely unbalancing your game. :)

roguerouge

First Post
Nightfall said:
*is glad to be back!* :D

Btw if any you are curious there is another way to do a solo PC adventurers. You need Tome of Artifacts, the Bastard of Exalted Deeds, but trust me, use that and your PC will be able to handle a good chunk of things WITHOUT completely unbalancing your game. :)

Please to explainy...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases