Epic Advice Column

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

This is a very good idea.

I have a question about iterative attacks. Suppose I have infinite strength. Can I make an infinite number of infinite damage attacks in a round or would you limit the number of attacks to 4 or 5?

historian said:

Hi historian mate! :)

historian said:
This is a very good idea.

I probably should have had something like this ages ago, although in a way the boards are a kind of Epic Advice column in themselves. The website will just help people tracking down the relevant information.

historian said:
I have a question about iterative attacks. Suppose I have infinite strength. Can I make an infinite number of infinite damage attacks in a round or would you limit the number of attacks to 4 or 5?

The number of attacks would be limited by your BAB divided by 5 - it would have nothing to do with strength at all.

Remember that you use the lowest modified base attack bonus for all attacks (rather than simply 5 less for each individual attack).

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

The number of attacks would be limited by your BAB divided by 5 - it would have nothing to do with strength at all.

Remember that you use the lowest modified base attack bonus for all attacks (rather than simply 5 less for each individual attack).

Thanks much for that, my thinking in retrospect seems rather muddled.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Shark Chain Armor (as in the kind used by those people who swim with sharks)...what would this grant and what kind of enchantments could be placed on such a thing.

I was thinking +4 AC and DR:half/bludgeoning.

Pssthpok

First Post
dante58701 said:
Shark Chain Armor (as in the kind used by those people who swim with sharks)...what would this grant and what kind of enchantments could be placed on such a thing.

Remember that bite damage is all three types. There doesn't seem to be any major difference between this sort of of mail and 'regular' chain mail, other than the material out of which it is made. For the most part, the chains deter the animal from holding on once they have bitten; those who are attacked by sharks while wearing this armor typically incur contusions and often broken bones; and while the shark cannot typically cut through the metal, the armor is comprised of rings, not plates, which means that the wearer may yet suffer puncture wounds and/or armor bites even if the metal itself doesn't break.

Shark Armor: AC +4; immune to rusting attacks; no penalties on swim checks.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Severing resistance? It's got to have some sort of impact on that at least. Otherwise, what would be the point of wearing it?

Maybe it turns all damage into bludgeoning damage?

Hey guys! :)

dante58701 said:

Don't know about the DR Half/Bludgeoning...unless your campaign has armour grant DR all the time.

The +4 AC sounds about right. I like Pssthpok's idea of no penalties to swin checks. Although not sure about the immunity to rusting...rust resistant - certainly, rust immune - debateable.

Hi Axolotl mate! :)

Axolotl said:
Why do you recomend the removal of Iterative attacks?

Well, there are a couple of reasons.

1) I don't see how someone making multiple fast attacks can be as accurate as someone making one precise attack.

2) Mechanically I think its a bit clunky.

Remove ads