WELCOME DISCORDIA

You have received one new message from: PALE RIDER
|
|
Accessing message now
|
|

Discordia,

This is mandatory reading since you are new to this organization, something’s you might already know, and others will be quite obvious. Regardless, there is wisdom in the thoughts of some of those that came before you. Report to HQ at 2200.

--Pale Rider

“…the rumors that I heard where true, though the methods I had to take were more than just a little unorthodox, but then again anything is better than having to sit behind a cubicle, thinking of ways of how to make that witty comeback when your boss chews your butt off for failing to file a report with the correct cover sheet. Odd how even now, standing outside in the rain my mind goes back to those ‘happy’ moments I’d rather burn out of my skull with a lit cigar. The alley I’m standing in couldn’t be any more welcoming; with the wet smell of dog in the air, and the fact that I enjoy trying to keep my cigar from getting soaked is something that keeps my mind from lulling too much with boredom. The man that recruited me seems to have found it in his wisdom to keep me standing out here, maybe it’s a test in patience. As long as my cigar doesn’t burn out, I’m happy…”

“…have you ever wondered why it takes so damn long to get into these underground clubs? Its like some CIA ghost’s wet dream, all this cloak and daggers, maybe it is an ex-CIA ghost’s wet dream, I’m living in right now… apparently I hadn’t proved my loyalty yet to my unknown masters… One more hour of sitting in this bus, riding around in circles, I might just go ‘Speed’ on their butts, and see if they can get me slow down below fifty…”

“…I’ve forgotten how much blood a human can hold within their body, nothing fun about having to try and run with it still flowing from someone’s open vein… I knew I had to do some wet work, but throwing me into this as if I knew what the hell was going on…. I have to say, I like they way they work, anyone with any self-doubt would have caved in by now, maybe it is worth it…”

“…I’ve been in some creepy basements before, but this one takes the cake. I’m not going to find this place again unless I’m told by one of the Horsemen themselves. You have to have a very sick curiosity to try and find this secure terminal, and the almost jail like feel of the room I’m in, almost reminds me of …”

“…there is hope in me, but sometimes I have to wonder why I do this… maybe they do have it right, there is always a need to do something right, not so much good, but right. When you’ve soldiered like I have, doing things for love of country and knowing that even your own government will burn their hero’s at the stake, at least this way, I know what I’m standing for… this isn’t for the faint of heart, and loyalty to the unknown is something that scares ninety percent of the populace, now I truly understand the meaning of ‘Need To Know’…”

==================================================

DISCORDIA LOGGED OFF

|
|

CONNECTION HAS BEEN TERMINATED

. . .

==================================================​

( Be creative, is all I can say... how your character's came upon this information is fair game... just remember, -everything- happens for a reason. )

Zechariah

First Post
So it begins...

Any park at night, had there of been that romantic touch of moonlight, would have brought many equal romantic lovers, to walk the picturesque scene. Interesting how the same setting with complete and total lack of moonlight, transforms into a nightmare of wild thoughts, devils luring in the shadows, and the only beings strong enough to enjoy these moonless walks are those Sons of Night.

But tonight, the Sons of Light were making an exchange in the moonless night, two men, with their thoughts centered upon only one thing. Information was the currency in this time of between these two faceless figures, as hushed whispers passed between them. Paper and media offered from one hand, and taken by another, but even in situations like this, where the night is their friend… can quickly turn into their enemy.

( Please view the News post, for further information )

Remove ads