Leadership Revisions

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
Oh, and do I get XP for killing Ashnar?
*bans Bront*

Speaking as someone who has contemplated the Leadership feat as well, I'm not really in favor of increasing the Cohort point buy either. It's not that Ashnar was in any way overshadowed by Hogarth (if anything, he was overshadowed in a secondary field by Rinaldo, for whom it was a primary field, and thus he should be overshadowed there). It's, as Manzanita said, a more conceptual thing. Not voting yet, I'll let the arguments settle in my mind first.

Velmont

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Speaking as someone who has contemplated the Leadership feat as well, I'm not really in favor of increasing the Cohort point buy either. It's not that Ashnar was in any way overshadowed by Hogarth (if anything, he was overshadowed in a secondary field by Rinaldo, for whom it was a primary field, and thus he should be overshadowed there). It's, as Manzanita said, a more conceptual thing. Not voting yet, I'll let the arguments settle in my mind first.

I'll leave you your primary field: Dying ;)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Since Bront has no objections, I'll remove the controversial part of the retroactive clause.

Also, we might consider this to be two separate proposals: 1 for the PB change, 1 for the XP change. I think everybody agrees on the XP change at least.

Erekose13

Explorer
I vote yes on the XP change. I abstain from the PB change. I've always felt that Cohorts should be standard people not up to being heroes in their own right. While I don't know if stats define that or not I'm not convinced we need to change it.

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:
I vote yes on the XP change. I abstain from the PB change. I've always felt that Cohorts should be standard people not up to being heroes in their own right. While I don't know if stats define that or not I'm not convinced we need to change it.
Standard people would be closer to 28 PB, which was proposed as an option as opposed to the full 30.

orsal

LEW Judge
Bront said:
Standard people would be closer to 28 PB, which was proposed as an option as opposed to the full 30.

I'm not sure I get what you mean by "standard people". 28-29 PB is the average for characters generated by the 4d6 method, a method deliberately chosen to produce above average results for PCs.

Rystil Arden

First Post
orsal said:
I'm not sure I get what you mean by "standard people". 28-29 PB is the average for characters generated by the 4d6 method, a method deliberately chosen to produce above average results for PCs.
4d6 drop lowest with tossing hopeless characters actually produces an average slightly above 30. However, since point buy lets you choose where everything goes, 30 PB like we have here is a good compromise for rolling.

Remove ads