Eyes Of The Lich Queen OOC

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
This game will be a continuation of the Warriors Of The Coast game set in the Q'Barra province on Eberron that had been active for about a year before I took a few months off to plot the next move. Now that I've done that, the next move is now to go into the newest Eberron module that I just picked up, Eyes Of The Lich Queen (which conveniently starts within Q'Barra). We currently have four existing adventurers from WoTC that will hopefully be coming over to the new game, but I know we'll need several new players as well. Those current characters from the game are:

Ari Osten Human Hexblade [stonegod]
Jango Silversun Elf Sorcerer / Acolyte Of The Skin [Valmont]
Khalia ir’Indari Human Archivist [drothgery]
Skarghash Halfork Rogue / Ranger [Brogarn]

I am not setting any specific number of new characters that I am looking for, because I'm more interested in making sure the characters I bring in fit into where the plot currently stands. All four characters are in very specific scenarios and places right now in the WoTC game, and thus any new characters (or the assumption of previous NPCs) must come out of an organic place in the storyline. For me, continuity and things making sense is most important. Thus, if you wished to join this game, it'd be very important to make or take on characters that would fit in to where the current characters are. For an idea of where the characters currently stand (as they move towards the start of this new module) you can check out our:

Warriors Of The Coast In-Game Thread
Warriors Of The Coast Out-Of-Game Thread

To give you specifics on where characters are and what kind of character concepts I'm looking for... here's a quick breakdown:

Khalia is an archivist of the Silver Flame and she is currently part of a crusade of 50 or so Silver Flame paladins, clerics, warriors, and adepts that are hiking into the Q'Barra interior to deal with a supposed new lycanthropic menace. (New characters that are a part of this crusade would be easy to take on. The biggest concept requirement would be they are members of the Silver Flame church.)

Ari is a hexblade mercenary that was hired by the leader of the Silver Flame crusade through House Deneith. (New characters can easily be other mercenaries hired on by the leaders of the crusade. They do or do not necessarily have to have been hired through House Deneith or be members of the guild.)

Skargash is a member of the town guard of Seawell (where WoTC took place) currently in the Q'Barra wilderness training with an adventuring organization called the Daggerspell Guardians (see Complete Adventurer for details). The Guardians are overlooking and protecting an ancient ruin from the Age of Demons. (New characters could be from anyone who might belong to this wilderness organization - rogues, mages, druids, rangers, scouts, barbarians etc. They do not necessarily have to have either Daggerspell prestige class, but I wouldn't object to it if you wanted to.)

Jango is a young elf sorcerer who just made a fortunate/unfortunate deal (not necessarily by choice) with a demon from Khyber that had been locked away for several millenia by presumably the dragons. He is being prompted by this unnatural creature to head north into the Q'Barran jungle to do... something. (New characters would be anyone who might interact with Jango on his journey north up Adder Bay and Whitecliff River - a guide, a sailor/boatman, someone else heading north to Whitecliff for whatever reason. This is probably the least likely kind of character that will get accepted, because they'll have the least amount of reason to join up with the party... but if you can make it work and make me like the reasoning, then go for it.)

As I mentioned above... the characters/players I bring in will be the ones that not only show me really strong PbP work... but also make character concepts and backgrounds that could most easily fit in to where the current party stands. Continuity is much more important than originality. I'm much more likely to accept your concept of a basic veteran Silver Flame cleric from Newthrone with a wife and three kids than I am of a Elan Duskblade former spy that is on the run from Sharn's Dark Lanterns because he stole some important plans and just happens to have arrived in Newthrone to hide out and for whatever reason decides to join up with this party on this strange adventure they're going on. I'm not saying that I wouldn't accept a character like that... but what I am saying is that you're much less likely to get accepted. You'd really have to wow me with the reasoning and background as I can only strain credulity so far. Take that for what you will.

The rules for character creation are below. However, right now I'm looking FOR CHARACTER CONCEPTS ONLY. NOT NECESSARILY FULLY STATTED CHARACTERS. If you wish to fully stat your character, you of course may... but it is not a requirement at this moment in time. Your concept, how he/she fits into the Q'Barra province and current game scenario, and their place in the party (tank, healer, expert, wilderness, finesse character) is most important.

Thanx for considering it, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Character Design Requirements:

- 5th level Eberron campaign set in Q'Barra (to start with)
- All books from the Eberron campaign setting and all 4 main Complete books allowed
- No psionics
- 28 point buy
- Max HP 1st level, average round down for even lvls / round up odds for HP past that
- Average gold for 5th level characters
- Submit crunch, history, and appearance
- All characters receive two additional feats at 1st level over their normal starting amount. These should be selected for interesting "fluff" purposes, rather than strict crunch.
- Other books and rules from such will be on a case-by-case basis, but I tend to be very easy about that sort of thing. Just tell me what the rules are, and I'll yea or nea them.
- I will accept certain prestige classes as your 5th level even if you don't fulfill the requirements. These should be even more integrated into the current plot than regular classes however. Examples would be either Daggerspell classes, any of the Silver Flame prestige classes, ones associated with mercenaries/House Deneith. You should have a VERY good rationale as to how/why your character would have the prestige class you are putting forth, especially if it's one a character ordinarily wouldn't be receiving until 6-9th level.

Review both the in-game and out-of-game threads to get an idea of the kind of characters that have existed in the past, plus where the current characters are and how your new one might fit in.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Current storyline NPCs you are free to take on / develop further if you 'd like (and would have a better chance to be accepted with) include:

Silver Flame crusade members:

Stonegaard - Male Dwarf Silver Flame Warrior-type
Dael'dareen - Male Elf Silver Flame Spellcaster-type
Brother Donovan - Male Human Cleric
Brother Tod Ellston - Male Human Cleric
Brother Anvil - Male Warforged holy Warrior-type
Cerril Maise - Female Shifter Paladin/Exorcist of the Silver Flame

Deneith Mercenary:

Talak'na Darhakesh - Male Hobgoblin Warrior-type

Daggerspell Guardians:

Jakk Corren - Male Human twin dagger wilderness expert-type

Other NPC possibilities:

Jina Silversun - Female Elf Swashbuckler
Watchman Andreana Mallory - Female Gnome Melee-type

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Another idea that have not been mention, but could fit with Jango, it is to play Jina, Jango's twin, fomerly played by Rayex. She is fully stated at a lower level and Jango and Jina have been close to each other since birth... and that could also give good roleplay moment, as Jango have decide to leave Seawell mainly to protect his family from himself and teh Daelkyr which has bound to him.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Nice!
What about a dwarven Figther/Warlock? I was wishing to play this sort of pc hehe. I think he could fit as member of the silver flame church, getting in when he was a fighter, after that he realize his true powers as a warlock.
Thats just a general idea , maybe by night I will submit a full concept.

Autumn

First Post
This looks really exciting to me. I love a game that is as character-driven and intensive as this one seems to be. :)

I haven't yet had a chance to read over the old threads but I'll try to do so tonight and get back to you with a character concept or an idea on who I'd like to take over. I'll be away for a few days starting tomorrow - till Friday - but hopefully that won't be a deal breaker?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As I'm still waiting for the module to arrive from Amazon, I am not rushing anything whatsoever. :) Concepts I'll be looking at for as long as I think I'll need to find a good mix of players and characters. Until I mention otherwise, assume that recruitment is still active, and keep submitting character ideas.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Voda Vosa... I'll be honest here... I've seen warlocks in action, and to my mind I dunno why anyone would want to multi-class them, especially into a melee class. You'd be throwing at best probably 2d6 damage eldritch blasts, which is the same as wielding a greatsword. The only difference being attack bonus is better and you get to add your STR bonus to damage when using a greatsword. So just from a build perspective, I don't think a warlock multi-class is optimal or even just average. But hey, it's your call.

As far as working a warlock in as a member of the Silver Flame crusade... I play very loose and fast with the flavor text on many classes and such. I look mainly at the mechanics of a class as a basis and then let people adjust the flavor to fit the character's needs. So please don't feel the need to have to stick with a standard "supernatural" or "evil" type of feel for your 'warlock'... you can easily adapt the warlock flavor to be a Silver Flame spellcaster that fires "bolts of silver-colored flame" for instance, instead of the prototypical "eldritch blast". And other stuff like that. The reason I bring it up of course is that you'd probably have an easier time justifying that kind of character as a member of the crusade than your prototypical by-the-book warlock, and thus make it more likely that I'd accept the character.

Just wanted to get that out there for you.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Voda may be thinking some combination of hideous blow and or eldritch glaive (Dragon Magic), the latter with is pretty attractive for a melee combatant (melee touch attack at full BAB with iterative attacks and strength).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases