Eyes Of The Lich Queen OOC

Velmont

First Post
stonegod said:
Voda may be thinking some combination of hideous blow and or eldritch glaive (Dragon Magic), the latter with is pretty attractive for a melee combatant (melee touch attack at full BAB with iterative attacks and strength).

I don't think it can be part of an itterative attack, or at least after teh first one. It's just like telling a level 20 warlock could attack three time with his eldritch blast (three 9d6 acid ball that blast throught SR, that would be crazy). It would be only one Eldritch Blast that could be combine with one blow I think.

I don't have the book under my eyes, so I might be wrong too, but I would be surprised, as it sounds too strong and abusive when you have many Warlock level.

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
As far as working a warlock in as a member of the Silver Flame crusade... I play very loose and fast with the flavor text on many classes and such. I look mainly at the mechanics of a class as a basis and then let people adjust the flavor to fit the character's needs.

There's a PrC in Complete Mage for a Celestial-themed Warlock. I don't know if it's any good, but it's there.

stonegod said:
Voda may be thinking some combination of hideous blow and or eldritch glaive (Dragon Magic), the latter with is pretty attractive for a melee combatant (melee touch attack at full BAB with iterative attacks and strength).

The Dragonfire Adept in the same book has similar mechanics to the Warlock, albeit dragon-themed rather than fiendish/fey-themed.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Velmont said:
I don't have the book under my eyes, so I might be wrong too, but I would be surprised, as it sounds too strong and abusive when you have many Warlock level.
Hideous blow only applied to the next melee attack. Eldritch glaive allows full iterative attacks. Of course, a normal warlock would only get iterative attacks at 8th level (at 4d6 each). I think it has some other limitations, but I don't have the book in front of me.

drothgery said:
There's a PrC in Complete Mage for a Celestial-themed Warlock. I don't know if it's any good, but it's there.
Marrot in our Ravenloft game was one of those and my SO is playing in RL. It essentially prescribes your invocations and does not increase caster level for your old ones, but it is thematically interesting. Not overpowered in my mind.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Seems my dwarf susited a little debate. Thats good.
But I was planning just to take one lvl of fighter to fit in the crusade. I didn't think about the hideous blow actually, but thats quite a good sugestion.
On the other hand if I can build a non evil warlock, then I think theres no need for that fighter lvl. It will be a plain warlock, dwarven probably.

Vertexx69

First Post
I have a completely statted out dragonborn cleric Titus Moraphim Sebastion a.k.a. Battlehammer that just finished a pbp adventure. He's lvl 7, but this could be a prelude adventure from earlier in his career. He is an undead slayer and fairly well developed storywise IMHO.

Desription: This 6.5ft tall Dragonborn-human is broadly muscled to the point of being lumbering. At a solid 220lbs. without equipment, his platinum scales make him look likes he's actually carved of precious metal instead of flesh. When he speaks, energy occasionally crackles between his sharp teeth. His full plate and shield are well worn from the life of war that this cleric has known.

IC thread from his last game.
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=188246

Mista Collins

First Post
Though an educated man who thrives in the city streets, Rogan has come to find a certain inner peace guarding the ruins from the Age of Demons as a member of the Daggerspell Guardians. In the forest, he has been able to better hone his stealth abilities. Though he wishes he could harness the arcane ability of some of his Daggerspell brethren, he hasn't found the patience or ability to learn.

A man who feels most natural exploring, going new places and mingling with the masses, the duty with the Daggerspell Guardians here in the forest is starting to bore him. Maybe he can find a duty in Newthrone or somewhere else across Khorvaire, or maybe adventure may come knocking on Rogan's door.

STR 10, Dex 14, Con 10, INT 16, WIS 12, CHA 12.
Race: Human
Class: Rogue 5
Bonus flavor feats: Alertness (being able to spot the dangers on the streets), Educated

More stats and info to come. Just a little teaser for you :)

Voda Vosa

First Post
I have changed my mind recently: I had the oportunity to place my hands over complete divine ^^ And the Shugenja cought my attention =) Is it posible to use such class? If thats ok, then as the class describes, my character will be a farway traveler searching for balance in the elements. Finally he ecounters the Silver crusade, and understanding their goals may help him with his, he joined them, hoping to bring balance to the material plane.

Unkabear

First Post
This sounds like an enjoyable adventure. I especially like the push toward fluff instead of crunch. So I would like to propose a bard. A changeling bard who is a detective.

To be most anyone, this is the dreams of any law enforcement trying to track down particular offenders. Aern works with the militia when they need assistance, he is a detective, a low level gumshoe with a knack for gathering information. Aern is a strange character as he loathes a single identity. He/she usually does so well as there are few people that are slow to open up to a bard at a bar, especially one who gets a room worked up. His/her life is led through a constant immersion of characters. The only constant thread is his/her detective nature. Part of the reason that he does so well is that it is difficult to pin him/her down. The thrill of the hunt is what keeps Aern going and the obsessive compulsive desire to see a puzzle solved. He has done a few jobs for the Church of the Silver flame. The meetings with the agents of the CotSF tended to be strained, but as Aern was helpful and cooperative they tended to look upon Aern as a necessary evil. One that could be tolerated so long as he/she continued to provide assistance.

Aern
Race Changeling
Class Bard
Str 10 Dex 12 Con 12 Int 14 wis 10 Cha 16
Feats
(Flavor)Improved Unarmed Strike - PHB
(Flavor)Investigate - ECS
1st Extended music - CAd
3rd Song of the Heart - ECS

But it is late, so I will finish the rest of the crunch tomorrow. As for appearance...well...yes, they do have an appearance. But as for what he/she looks like is a constantly changing medley.

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Character thoughts for the entrants thus far:

Vertexx69: More than just a description of the character, what I really need is a background for why he is in Q'Barra, and how might he be involved with the current plotline in some fasion. Review the last couple pages of the In-Game thread... take a look at where the characters currently stand and are headed, and see what kind of character would be a part of that. Would your character really be a part of the Church of the Silver Flame? And more importantly, how would a dragonborn character interact or exist in the Eberron campaign setting? What does being a dragonborn in Khorvaire mean to him? These are the kind of questions whose answers will sell me or not on including him in the game.

Mista Collins: I'm following the tenets of the Daggerspell Guardians organization in the Complete Adventurer pretty closely, and thus it isn't an organization one just happens to fall into... you active have to pursue membership, get a sponsor, go through training etc. Thus trying to fit your city rogue concept of Rogan into the spellcasting/nature fighter concept of the Guardians might not be your best option for finding a place to get Rogan involved in the scenario the characters currently are in. Keeping Rogan urban-based is fine if you can design a solid reason for him to come upon or interact with any of the current characters as they advance forward... or modifying Rogan to be more in-line to what the Daggerspell Guardians actually are. Your choice. But trying to fit your square peg into the round hole makes you face an uphill battle come character selection time.

Voda Vosa: I am not opposed to shugenja at face-value... elemental spellcasters definitely have their place in Eberron. My big question is figuring out exactly how a character such as this fits into place in the world. I don't have the Player's Guide to Eberron so I don't know what their recommendation is for incorporating the class, but using the "far-away traveller" idea, my first thought is a drow. However, where/when/why a drow shugenja would arrive in Khorvaire and somehow get involved with where the party is the hard part. You'd have to wow me with a background that really ties your character into the fabric of the end of the Warriors Of The Coast campaign for me to select the character.

Unkabear: To be honest... at the current moment in the Warriors Of The Coast plot, I do not see how a changeling detective would be involved. As the Silver Flame contingent is made up of devout templars heading out on a new crusade (with a couple hired mercenaries thrown in for additional steel), a gumshoe would not be needed. He certainly wouldn't be out with the Daggerspell Guardians in the jungle. For your character to somehow ingratiate himself with Jango would require a lot of background finagling and work on your part. Again, as I've said to the others above... it's not impossible, but you'd really need to dazzle me with a logical and believable explanation as to why your character as you've designed would find himself involved with the group.

To everybody: Please understand that this is a long-running campaign game, and as I said above, continuity is much more important that originality. This is not the game to try out new character concepts/classes/ideas that you've "always wanted to try". This is for people who have seen how my game is run and who want to be a part of this specific game because of how it is run and how the characters interact with each other. I've given you all several ideas of possible character designs and easier ways to incorporate you into the story. You go against those concepts at your own peril, because I am in no rush to fill slots in the game (and have no problem starting the module with just the current characters involved if that would be best for the game). I'm not going to just select characters randomly... they HAVE to be integrated into the story. Please read the WoTC game thread. See where the characters are at. Design a character that logically makes sense and can be dropped into any of the scenarios I described with a minimum of effort. Because THAT is the way for you to be assured that I'll find your entry into the game more favorable.

Anyone who has read the earliest pages of the OOC Warriors thread when I was making selections for the initial characters of the game will see how much I'm a stickler for these kind of things. Sorry about that... but that's just the way I am when it comes to this stuff.

Thanx guys.

Velmont

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
Anyone who has read the earliest pages of the OOC Warriors thread when I was making selections for the initial characters of the game will see how much I'm a stickler for these kind of things. Sorry about that... but that's just the way I am when it comes to this stuff.

True... and you'll see my first concepts (a changeling warlock and a human druid) have not been chosen. When the game started to lose people, I try to join back and decide to take Jango, sticking with the background that has been written by Rayex, adding my own flavor to it. It has turn to be a really interesting character.

Taking an NPC might be a good solution, and you'll haev plenty of felxibility I think to make it interesting.

That's just my 2 cents for the people who want to join.

Remove ads