Marked by Destiny, Marked by Tragedy (Erekose13 Judging)





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 329
  1. #1

    Marked by Destiny, Marked by Tragedy (Erekose13 Judging)

    This is the thread for my dragonmark-themed adventure 'Marked by Destiny, Marked by Tragedy'. The maximum number of character slots is 6, recommended levels are 1-2. For all dicerolls please use Invisible Castle.

    There's no hard and fast rules on how frequently I want you posting, not least of all because I'll be fairly sporadic myself in the first week of this adventure, however if it's a combat situation and you haven't responded to your call on the initiative queue after 24 hours I reserve the right to autopilot you for that turn.

    DM: Paranoia833

    Judge: Erekose13

    Players:
    Sin
    Arvan the Chosen
    Silvanon d'Thuranni
    Bennit Bel-Roan
    Brelach
    Weapon


    Anyone who wishes to join please make a link to your sheet on the character thread in your first post. Aside from that, feel free to take as much liberty with the cab driver's personality as you like with your introductory post, she's not a major character.

    ---

    It's night time on the streets of Sharn and a surprisingly quiet one at that. The few dragonmarked citizens of upper Dura who were drawn out into the street by the... incident, have either retreated back into the safety of their homes or are watching a small pinprick of light at the base of the almost mile-long drop that borders Clifftop. Fo such a seemingly insignificant light among the spectacle that is nightime Sharn, nearly impossible to see amongst the sprawling network of everglow lanterns, they are staring awfully hard. Something is drawing the marked, though what that is is anyone's guess.

    At the rim of the cliff a single skycar waits, manned by a surly looking hobgoblin woman of middling years who appears to be smoking some sort of foul-looking cigar. As you head towards her, she turns her head to you and a cloud of thick, black smoke eminates from her mouth.

    "Where to stranger?"

    Should you seek passage, a skycar could get you to the docks within minutes.
    Last edited by Paranoia833; Sunday, 27th May, 2007 at 04:37 PM.

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rystil Arden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Posts
    38,388

    Ignore Rystil Arden
    *Alysina herds her two clients and three sidekicks into the cab, then when she is sure that everyone is all set, she turns to the hobgoblin.*

    "To the docks, my good lady!" Alysina requests, "We've a mystery to solve!"

    (OOC: Alysina)
    Last edited by Rystil Arden; Thursday, 24th May, 2007 at 06:02 AM.

  • #3
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818

    Ignore Bront
    Arvin the Chosen gets into the skycab, looking at it curiously. He has to hunch over a bit and it's obviously a tight fit for the large man.

    OOC: Arvin

  • #4
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    Following shortly behind Arvin is the massive warforged Weapon. He looks at the tight fit and sighs, knowing it will be an adventure fitting them all. Waiting for the others to position themselves first, the warforged directs a look at Alysina and pointedly states, "And remember, I am not a 'sidekick.'"
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #5
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    Ignore s@squ@tch

    Silvanon Rogue 1 Hp: 7/7

    Silvanon's Character Sheet

    Silvanon nimbly steps quickly out of the tavern into the sky cab, shrugging off the effects of the ale.

    He coughs harshly from the acrid smoke from the cigar as he enters the skycab, giving the hobgoblin woman a harsh glance. He sits down in a seat and he feels underneath his tunic for his dragonmark -- it is still quite warm to the touch, which was unusual, and growing rather uncomfortable.

    He watches as several others from the tavern pile in, looking each one up and down, trying to gauge their capabilities and expertise. He thinks to himself, "Well, looks like Arvin could be a mage of some capacity, the metal man is obviously a warrior of some kind, but the others are still uncertain."

    "Anyone have any insight into this mystery? My head is still swimming." He says aloud.
    Last edited by s@squ@tch; Thursday, 24th May, 2007 at 05:53 AM.
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #6
    Registered User


    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    9,352
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Erekose13
    ooc: Need Judge?
    Erekose13
    Art by Uneide!
    PbP

    [Living 4th Edition]
    Callen Stewart Human Wizard 8
    Beyrk Verkunder Hobgoblin Bard 3

    [Living Eberron]
    Gogmorthak d'Tharashk Orc Barbarian 6

  • #7
    Registered User
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    Wik's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia
    Posts
    5,287
    Blog Entries
    30

    Ignore Wik
    Brelach follows Weapon, watching the back of the warforged's dented legs. "Maybe you should get a Tin Woman to, er... 'polish you up', you know?" he grins at his own joke.

    Brelach
    Wik: Solving internet arguments since 1983.

  • #8
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818

    Ignore Bront
    Quote Originally Posted by s@squ@tch
    "Anyone have any insight into this mystery? My head is still swimming." He says aloud.
    "It means you've been chosen for something," Arvin says. "Time to honor your heritage."

  • #9
    Registered User
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    Wik's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia
    Posts
    5,287
    Blog Entries
    30

    Ignore Wik
    Looking over the side of the Skycab as he sits down, Brelach pauses to consider Silvanon's question. The glow of his green eyes has died down just a little bit, to a more natural colour. "A specialized spell, probably. Illusion magic. Seems to involve the dragonmarks, obviously. Maybe an attempt by a kingdom to put one of the dynasties under it's thumb? Too early for speculation. In any case, it's a spell too powerful for me to hold... but I want to see it, in any case."

    Brelach watches the hobgoblin pilot. "I steal spells." he says to no one in particular. "If you cast spells, and I sneak up behind you, I can take them and use them for myself. If I hit one of you, don't fight it - I can take your magic and use it myself... effectively almoset doubling the amount of spells that can be cast at any given time. It's a little trick a friend of mine showed me."

    as an afterthought, Brelach tries to make a caring smile, but it just manages to look ghastly in the moonlight. "Don't worry, though - I know that most of you spellcasters are useless without magic. I, however, am not. Therefore, I won't steal too many of your spells - I'll do it only if absolutely necessary."
    Wik: Solving internet arguments since 1983.

  • #10
    Bennit bel-Roan can be seen approaching the skycar with hurried steps, from the bar.

    With squinted eyes, he looks over the car, searching for a seat.

    "Oi, y'got a space by'yer, Weapon?"

    He clambers up into the skycar, easing himself into the space he sees.
    Last edited by Bogre; Friday, 25th May, 2007 at 12:21 AM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. knowing you're marked
      By sammy in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st March, 2010, 08:28 PM
    2. Replies: 31
      Last Post: Friday, 14th November, 2008, 09:02 AM
    3. Replies: 529
      Last Post: Saturday, 14th June, 2008, 08:16 PM
    4. You're Marked..how and what'sum'up?
      By Emirikol in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 55
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th May, 2008, 11:57 AM
    5. The Thrall-marked
      By wargear in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 3rd June, 2007, 05:41 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •