Marked by Destiny, Marked by Tragedy (Erekose13 Judging)

Paranoia833

First Post
This is the thread for my dragonmark-themed adventure 'Marked by Destiny, Marked by Tragedy'. The maximum number of character slots is 6, recommended levels are 1-2. For all dicerolls please use Invisible Castle.

There's no hard and fast rules on how frequently I want you posting, not least of all because I'll be fairly sporadic myself in the first week of this adventure, however if it's a combat situation and you haven't responded to your call on the initiative queue after 24 hours I reserve the right to autopilot you for that turn.

DM: Paranoia833

Judge: Erekose13

Players:
Sin
Arvan the Chosen
Silvanon d'Thuranni
Bennit Bel-Roan
Brelach
Weapon

Anyone who wishes to join please make a link to your sheet on the character thread in your first post. Aside from that, feel free to take as much liberty with the cab driver's personality as you like with your introductory post, she's not a major character.

---

It's night time on the streets of Sharn and a surprisingly quiet one at that. The few dragonmarked citizens of upper Dura who were drawn out into the street by the... incident, have either retreated back into the safety of their homes or are watching a small pinprick of light at the base of the almost mile-long drop that borders Clifftop. Fo such a seemingly insignificant light among the spectacle that is nightime Sharn, nearly impossible to see amongst the sprawling network of everglow lanterns, they are staring awfully hard. Something is drawing the marked, though what that is is anyone's guess.

At the rim of the cliff a single skycar waits, manned by a surly looking hobgoblin woman of middling years who appears to be smoking some sort of foul-looking cigar. As you head towards her, she turns her head to you and a cloud of thick, black smoke eminates from her mouth.

"Where to stranger?"

Should you seek passage, a skycar could get you to the docks within minutes.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Alysina herds her two clients and three sidekicks into the cab, then when she is sure that everyone is all set, she turns to the hobgoblin.*

"To the docks, my good lady!" Alysina requests, "We've a mystery to solve!"

(OOC: Alysina)

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Arvin the Chosen gets into the skycab, looking at it curiously. He has to hunch over a bit and it's obviously a tight fit for the large man.

OOC: Arvin

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Following shortly behind Arvin is the massive warforged Weapon. He looks at the tight fit and sighs, knowing it will be an adventure fitting them all. Waiting for the others to position themselves first, the warforged directs a look at Alysina and pointedly states, "And remember, I am not a 'sidekick.'"

s@squ@tch

First Post
Silvanon Rogue 1 Hp: 7/7

Silvanon's Character Sheet

Silvanon nimbly steps quickly out of the tavern into the sky cab, shrugging off the effects of the ale.

He coughs harshly from the acrid smoke from the cigar as he enters the skycab, giving the hobgoblin woman a harsh glance. He sits down in a seat and he feels underneath his tunic for his dragonmark -- it is still quite warm to the touch, which was unusual, and growing rather uncomfortable.

He watches as several others from the tavern pile in, looking each one up and down, trying to gauge their capabilities and expertise. He thinks to himself, "Well, looks like Arvin could be a mage of some capacity, the metal man is obviously a warrior of some kind, but the others are still uncertain."

"Anyone have any insight into this mystery? My head is still swimming." He says aloud.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Brelach follows Weapon, watching the back of the warforged's dented legs. "Maybe you should get a Tin Woman to, er... 'polish you up', you know?" he grins at his own joke.

Brelach

Bront

The man with the probe
s@squ@tch said:
"Anyone have any insight into this mystery? My head is still swimming." He says aloud.
"It means you've been chosen for something," Arvin says. "Time to honor your heritage."

Wik

First Post
Looking over the side of the Skycab as he sits down, Brelach pauses to consider Silvanon's question. The glow of his green eyes has died down just a little bit, to a more natural colour. "A specialized spell, probably. Illusion magic. Seems to involve the dragonmarks, obviously. Maybe an attempt by a kingdom to put one of the dynasties under it's thumb? Too early for speculation. In any case, it's a spell too powerful for me to hold... but I want to see it, in any case."

Brelach watches the hobgoblin pilot. "I steal spells." he says to no one in particular. "If you cast spells, and I sneak up behind you, I can take them and use them for myself. If I hit one of you, don't fight it - I can take your magic and use it myself... effectively almoset doubling the amount of spells that can be cast at any given time. It's a little trick a friend of mine showed me."

as an afterthought, Brelach tries to make a caring smile, but it just manages to look ghastly in the moonlight. "Don't worry, though - I know that most of you spellcasters are useless without magic. I, however, am not. Therefore, I won't steal too many of your spells - I'll do it only if absolutely necessary."

Bogre

First Post
Bennit bel-Roan can be seen approaching the skycar with hurried steps, from the bar.

With squinted eyes, he looks over the car, searching for a seat.

"Oi, y'got a space by'yer, Weapon?"

He clambers up into the skycar, easing himself into the space he sees.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases