Magic Item Compendium - DMG Magic Item Prices

I don't have my copy of the Magic Item Compendium at hand. Does anyone know if any of the magic items that appeared in the DMG were repriced in the MIC?

I know that there were magic items from other WotC books that were repriced in the MIC but I don't know if any DMG magic items were.

Olaf the Stout

Glyfair

Explorer
I'm almost certain there were none. The only magic items repriced were those reprinted in the book, and none were from the DMG.

Of course, that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be appropriate to do so on your own (or as a community project), using those guidelines).

Olaf the Stout said:
So no DMG items were repriced, even in the new expanded treasure tables at the back?

Olaf the Stout
Yes, some were repriced.

The only example I know off the top of my head is Helm of Underwater Action, which had a pretty big price cut.

Its kind of a stealth errata, and if you use the accepted methods for resolving conflicts between sourcebooks, text in the DMG is going to easily trump a table in another sourcebook.

I couldn't find anywhere in the MIC that specifically said they were deliberately repricing DMG items, but I'm pretty sure Andy Collins said they had in an article on the WotC site (maybe in design and development).

EDIT http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dd/20070302a

He didn't actually say it, on re-reading the article. He did imply it - and helm of UA was one of the specific examples he gave.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
The only major one I can think of is the price for combing items. An amulet that grants +2 con and +2 wis a lot cheaper than it once was...etc.

Razz

Banned
Banned
Nope, Helm of Underwater Action is still 24,000gp in MIC as it is in DMG.

None of the DMG items were repriced.

Bagpuss

Legend
Razz said:
Nope, Helm of Underwater Action is still 24,000gp in MIC as it is in DMG.

None of the DMG items were repriced.

Erm the Helm of Underwater Action is 57,000gp in my DMG, and in the SRD. So if it is 24,000 in the MIC then it has been revalued.

Although checking in the table it's 24,000gp in the description its 57,000gp. It seems likely that they haven't revalued them which seems a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

Razz

Banned
Banned
Bagpuss said:
Erm the Helm of Underwater Action is 57,000gp in my DMG, and in the SRD. So if it is 24,000 in the MIC then it has been revalued.

Although checking in the table it's 24,000gp in the description its 57,000gp. It seems likely that they haven't revalued them which seems a missed opportunity.

Strange, I guess the reprint of DMG 3.5 changed it to 24,000gp then.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases