Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

Bront

The man with the probe
All healed up, Cade leads them on, lance in hand.

OOC: Cade will carry anything that's not claimed by anyone else (or split it up among others who can carry it), but I think we should be able to spread this stuff around to be used. He'll carry a makeshift sack he can drop easily. Give everyone 24 hours to claim any of the remaining stuff before we continue.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I think literally no one in the party would get an armour upgrade from the +1 Mithral Chain Shirt because everyone who is size Medium and can wear armour either has up Inertial Armour for at least +5 Armour Bonus or is wearing an armour with at least +5 bonus already. And assuming no one wants to switch their weapon to dwarven waraxe, that's about it. I'll let you nondeterministically decide who has the healing stuff)

*The group continues onward for a few minutes, the darkness, as before, illuminated by the rainbow of colours surrounding each of them and emanating from their thoughts and emotions. Sashal has discovered that a little bit of concentration can eliminate those lights easily if desired, but since they are useful, she doesn't do so. Finally, the long passage ends in a large doorway made of crystal that has been blasted open with great force. The room beyond is totally dark, but from within, someone barks something in guttural Draconic, then addresses the group in a deep and powerful voice (though they cannot see anything), speaking in Common.*

"Ho there. My thanks for defeating the Guardians. I see no need to kill you if you turn around and go on your way. It would be a shame for you all to die so far from home, don't you think?"

(OOC: Initiative--

Tandi 20
Cade 16 (higher Dex than ???????)
??????? 16
Meliana 15
??????? 14
Sashal 10 (higher Dex than Fin)
Findoram 10
??????? 9
Scun 8
Rhys 5
??????? 4
Eskon 2

So Tandi and Cade go now)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: if it's totaly dark, cade would put on the Continual flame necklace. Of course, that makes him a target...

"Who are you to make such demands?"

Cade may take an action if his light shows something...

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Aha, it isn't dark around the PCs, since all the crystal of the walls right near them glow with rainbow light (so everyone can see all of you anyway, but at least you can all see). But that light only extends 30 feet of bright light (and then 30 feet of dim illumination), and the next room is a large cavern that is empty to the edge of that range. So wearing the necklace will not help you see more, but charging into the darkness will (since you bring light to the crystal around you all along your path).

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Yeah, that's a smart idea ;)

"We've come to heal a sick child. Let us get what we came for, and we will leave."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, I see. You're another one of those groups here after that. You should thank me. We killed a group of them that probably would have stabbed at you from behind. You're not going to get it. You're still sore from fighting that dragon. Just give up and go home kid."

(OOC: Cade's action and Tandi's still)

Bront

The man with the probe
"Perhaps we can trade?"

Cade cautiously steps forward and readies to attack anyone who comes after him.

Remove ads