Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

Lot

First Post
Rystil Arden[color=slategray said:
"Champion of the despised sun! Ours is a bitter hatred that rises above the pointless killings of our comrades. To each, the other is anathema. I challenge you to single combat. Do you accept, or are you too cowardly to face me?"[/color]

Eskon steps forward, his unadorned mail and utilitarian sword in great contrast to the elaborate wickedness of the equipment this unholy warrior. The young paladin gulps nervously but keeps his resolve.

"I accept. As a champion of Hyrag, it is my honor to vanquish something as loathsome as yourself. Let's see what your little skull decorations and silly armor spikes can do against the will of the Incorruptible Light. Come and face me."

BigB

First Post
ooc: Is Rhys able to act, or is he even aware what is going on? If so he would call out to Eskon to allow him to give a small amount of Shurals blessing to aid him against this evil.

Rystil Arden

First Post
BigB said:
ooc: Is Rhys able to act, or is he even aware what is going on? If so he would call out to Eskon to allow him to give a small amount of Shurals blessing to aid him against this evil.
(OOC: Rhys can't take his turn yet, but speaking is a free action that can be performed out of turn. That said, in a one-on-one fight, it might be against Eskon's code of honour to accept your blessings. If he had a wand on him, that would be okay to use though, and he could use his class abilities (so if he had a mount he could summon it and it would still count as one on one even though the mount makes two)

Right now it is Findoram's turn. Rhys and Scun will act soon. Eskon is dead last with a natural 1 rolled )

Lot

First Post
OOC: I think this will be a tough one for Eskon. He's only 2nd level and fighting an opponent who, at the least, is better armed than he is. Plus, Eskon's pretty well-rounded and he could be a stronger straight-up fighter. Should be pretty tense, though. Also, I think the idea of fighting a most-likely stronger evil enemy one-on-one when one's side has greater numbers is pretty classic "lawful stupid" behavior but Eskon is young and naive. I hope he gets older.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Lot said:
OOC: I think this will be a tough one for Eskon. He's only 2nd level and fighting an opponent who, at the least, is better armed than he is. Plus, Eskon's pretty well-rounded and he could be a stronger straight-up fighter. Should be pretty tense, though. Also, I think the idea of fighting a most-likely stronger evil enemy one-on-one when one's side has greater numbers is pretty classic "lawful stupid" behavior but Eskon is young and naive. I hope he gets older.
(OOC: It could actually be a tactical advantage for Eskon's side if Eskon fights to delay the other guy instead of win--he can waste the time of 1/4 of the enemy, leaving his 7 allies to fight only 3. But yeah, if he fights to win, it's to the enemy's advantage ;))

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Findoram increases Cade's strength, as Sashal waits for the right moment to expend the last bit of her power. There is chanting in a strange tongue from the darkness.*

(OOC: Scun and Rhys now)

Remove ads