NPCs and Levels in LEW

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
No, wands can only be 4th level spells or lower.

Maybe only 2 of the Watchtowers have this eternal wand of Dimension Door (spell trigger, usable 3 times/day): the High District Watchtower and... one near the RDI.

Velmont

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Let's go with 9th on the watch-captain (who, by the way, is Frandeth, not Brekkle, my bad). He's currently fighter 9/weapon master of longsword 3. Which doesn't make sense, because we haven't passed the weapon master. I think it would be great for him to be a ventrid swordsman, one of our custom classes. So I propose Fighter 4/Ventrid Swordsman 5.

Impossible to have a Fighter 4/Ventrid Swordsman 5. Figthers cannot have 5 ranks of Tumble at level 4. But I would see the Watchmaster to be a Figther 4/ Rogue 1 / Ventrid Swordman 4. His Rogue class would give him some rank in skills usefull to his position, like Diplomatie and Gather Information.

Velmont

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
What about Rogue 3/Fighter 1/Ventrid 5?

Impossible, you have a BAB of +3 with that combination. You need +4 to take the PrC. The PrC have been made so that you cannot take it before level 6. I think no PrC should be able to be taken before that level anyway.

All depend on how we want the watchmen capitain handle people. More by strength (F4/R1/V4) or by cunning (R4/F1/V4) or why not a mix of the two (R3/F3/V3)...

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I'd say the captain would use more cunning. Also, he needs to deal with government; he's not just a policeman, he's a figurehead and a spokesman.

I officially propose changing Watchman Frandeth to Rogue 4/Fighter 1/Ventrid Swordsman 4

Velmont

First Post
I afree he need to be more than a grunt, but I think he should need a minimal training as a figther. Figther 2/ Rogue 3/ Ventrid 4 could be a good combo for him... and I really mean he has started as a figther, in other word, as a normal watchman before reaching that level.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Sure, 2 levels of fighter, then he realized that he could do much more with his career and started in rogue for some social skills, then he became a sergeant or whatever and dealt with more nasty criminals, and now he's reached the top and remains stagnant since crime isn't all that bad in Orussus.

I'll make the change.

El Jefe

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
As for the Watch, I remember an argument about how incredibly cheesy, silly, and Big Brother the Orussus watch is with their crazy teleporting guards who stop all conflicts within one round. I think it's silly and pointless, but unfortunately it has been used before.
Er, none of that is true. The Watch generally doesn't (and, except in extraordinary circumstances, can't) teleport anywhere. They did stop a conflict in a single round, but there were many extenuating circumstances. First, they were in the neighborhood to start with. Second, the conflict had been brewing inside the Red Dragon for some time, and Joe was able to tip off the watch (as far as we all know, by magical means). Third, the patrol had a single low (very low!) level mage who had memorized Sleep. Fourth, both of the combatants were first level, and one was a halfling and the other human...no sleep immunity.

In that instance, the watch was played somewhat deliberately in munchkin fashion to put down PvP with overwhelming force. But given the circumstances, it didn't take much force at all to be overwhelming.

Remove ads