odd

Imreis

First Post
Why do people keep thinking Lyth and Ryth are children? *pouts* it better not be the five foot thing cuz im barely taller then that and i an NOT a child. There just not well educated, and belive they are dogs. People always call dogs by name, and tag that up there with saying there own name constantly is the only way to tell them apart it makes sense. Besides, it annoys people and he likes doing it becuase it gets people all worked up :p so take that mwahhahaha! hows that for verbal confrontation.

and you really wanna know about verbal wars, i dont know how many of you remember the days with Imeris and Phrin Kilsek 'talking' but oh boy did they love to hate each other. Those two could argue and toss insults back and forth like it was a steel spiked hacky sack!.
"You look like a woman with that hair"
"I have more hair then you do height"
All while drinking wine and managing not to strangle each other lifeless, well there was that one time in the garden but i swear Immy let him go. Now those were word wars.

Bari~ all i can say is run...run fast on those stubby legs of yours before Immy catches you :D

Ruthia~ Hey, i like Ryth. Fox always like Ryth

Ty~ Behave yourself or no more gems for you

Ruthia

First Post
Danielle du Pris said:
Side linguistics note:
This isn't a specific criticism of Ryth, because he's hardly the only one that's done it, but I've worked with children and I've never heard one refer to themselves by name. They mix up pronouns ("Who wants a cookie?" "Me! me! me wants!") but they don't use their own name ("Mattie wants!"). Same with people learning a new language. The closest I've heard as third person is "one wants" or "this one wants" from those coming from certain cultures. My own take, sure, and I'd welcome counter-examples.

Acctually I do have a counter example. I worked in a local Head Start program with children from poor familes that couldn't afford Pre-School. We had a three year old child there named Tyler. Cute as a button, stubborn as all heck, knew how to use his cuteness to get away with things.....you know, typical spoiled kid. But when he talked you started to see how far behind he was...and how his parents talk to him at home.

"Tyler want Juice!"
"Tyler no want nap!"

And so on.I honestly think that if a child never HEARS examples of proper English..they do not learn it correctly. Though in all honesty, even my own daughter did it for awhile.

"Cheyenne want ride pony"

So, it does happen.....though keep in mind many of these kids were 2-3 years old. Now take a kid like that...never correct the speech pattern.....then as teenagers you have Ryth and Lyth :)

Now now.... don't make me blast people away! Ryth's adorable and that's that! :p

I love the way you play many of your chars, Ruthia, but feel free to drop Ryth anytime, lol! (sorry, Oriza!)

-I counter this! I loves Ryth (and so does Ty! He just doesn't show it though I didn't say that! lol) and if Ru ever decides that, I'm stealing him away before any of you could! ha! :]

Why do people keep thinking Lyth and Ryth are children?

-Because they're just so plain darn adorable? heh. Well they better get things right... those two are older than Oriza I think or about the same age... and with the way things are going... Ryth's getting better at common and Oriza's catching the Ryth-Lyth speech! heh

So, it does happen.....though keep in mind many of these kids were 2-3 years old. Now take a kid like that...never correct the speech pattern.....then as teenagers you have Ryth and Lyth

-Agreed! That and the fact that I'm biased? :p

I swear... it's Oriza taking over me! gah!

Khaira

First Post
Sekir and Ivy Sharpthorn. No one could or can top those two.

I don't know about that. Raistlant the leprechaun was rather comical, when he was still around. And outside of ISRP, I think Tasslehoff Burrfoot takes the cake. :)

Sekir

First Post
Uncle Tas! Of course he's the best! He went to the moons once... all three of them! ;)

And thanks Deirdre, it's been a while since I played Sekir in ISRP... nice to know that some people still remember the name. ;)

Kinetti

First Post
Deirdre said:
The funniest little people that ever were ... were Sekir and Ivy Sharpthorn. No one could or can top those two.

But of course! Ivy even still turns up every once in a great while. Rajak doesn't have her feeling too humorous right now though. bwa ha ha ha ha!!!

And it's about time you turn back up, Sekir!

Sekir

First Post
Yes, I know that ISRP never was the same after I stopped coming in regularly then stopped rather altogether.

But rejoice, I came in and bothered Thanriyon a few days ago. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases