Heroes for Hire: Marvel's new hentai title!

horacethegrey

First Post
Alright. Let me first say that I'm no prude by any means. I freely admit to watching hentai (La Blue Girl and Twin Angels being my favorites) and dare say, enjoying it. I also think it'd be hypocritical of me to look down on other people who either watch it or sell it (not to minors mind you).

But seriously, WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!! :confused:

HFH13-.jpg

This here is the cover for Heroes for Hire 13 from Marvel Comics. It's not a Marvel Max mature title, it's a mainstream Marvel book rated T+. So why does it depict three women being threatened with tentacle rape? I mean seriously, if this were some hentai manga or doujinshi I'd understand. But no, it's a mainstream Marvel title.

Anyone see what's wrong with this picture? :\

Azgulor

Adventurer
You mean aside from the missing nipple? Yeah, should have a rating higher than T. Unfortunately, I believe such ratings apply more to the story content than the cheesecake cover.

Azgulor

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I agree, the cover doesn't have anything explicit, as it's showing a lot of skin but not anything truly naughty (and there've been plenty of other comic covers in that vein).

Beyond that, what matters is what's printed inside, and not on the cover.

horacethegrey

First Post
Alzrius said:
I agree, the cover doesn't have anything explicit, as it's showing a lot of skin but not anything truly naughty (and there've been plenty of other comic covers in that vein).

Beyond that, what matters is what's printed inside, and not on the cover.
Mate, I've seen covers of hentai doujinshi that are tamer than that.

True, you're bound to find one or two h-doujin with dripping tentacles on the cover, but rarely. For the most part the covers of a majority doujin are just titilating images, with the real naughty bits saved within.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
I find it consistent with the Heroes for Hire series as well as the Daughters of the Dragon mini-series that preceeded it. While Marvel has claimed this is their version of DC's "Birds of Prey" the book has been far more similar in art and writing to Image's "Danger Girl" series.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Silver Moon said:
I find it consistent with the Heroes for Hire series as well as the Daughters of the Dragon mini-series that preceeded it. While Marvel has claimed this is their version of DC's "Birds of Prey" the book has been far more similar in art and writing to Image's "Danger Girl" series.
You mean that issues come out 18 months apart? :p

horacethegrey

First Post
Okay, someone at the superherohype boards posted this on the thread dedicated to that cover.

Originally Posted by Kebab gud
The 6 point checklist for tentacle rape!

1: Manga style *check!*
2: Young women *check!*
3: Sexual theme *Check!*
4: Tentacles undressing *check!*
5: Dripping bodely fluids on breasts*check!*
6: Penetration *Nope!*

0/6 = Why ask..?
1/6 = Long way off!
2/6 = Nope!
3/6 = Maybe
4/6 = Hmm makes you wonder
5/6 = Strong Tentacle rape scene
6/6 = Why ask.. thats 100% pure Tenacle rape going on there
Do I really need to elaborate further? :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases