• D&D 3.X mini-elves

Votes: 46 19.1%
  • Feral Athasian cannibals

Votes: 34 14.1%
  • Devoured whole by a bulette

Votes: 50 20.7%

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Do you hate Elfy elves and Dwarfy dwarves, too?

My halflings are somewhat like Tolkien, but more like the crazier families like the Brandybucks or Tooks.

hong

WotC's bitch
With handlebar ears.

posterchic.jpg

Hong "and they're just the right height too" Ooi

Drowbane

First Post
Other

Flawed Poll, try again.

[mutter]mini-elves... indeed... sneak attack M-Fer![/mutter]

My homebrewed Halflings are similiar to Eberron's, and have a (false?) reputation for being like Athas'... oh and they're innately psionic (short range telepathy like Ghostwise and Psi-points like Kalashtar. the settings only psionic "PC Race").

Last edited:

The Green Adam

First Post
Charwoman Gene said:
Do you hate Elfy elves and Dwarfy dwarves, too?

QUOTE]

Actually yes. A little. ;)

My Halfling vary between my three campaign worlds. My main one has Hobbity Kender...or Kenderish Hobbit Halflings. My second has an original race (more on that in a moment) and the last has Hobbity Elf Halflings.

Seems Halfling are the one original race added to every fantasy series.

Tolkien has Hobbits.
D&D has Halflings.
Dragonlance has Kender.

In one of my worlds are the Wilders...a cross between the Wolf Rider Elves of ElfQuest, Wild Elves and Kender.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I prefer kender to halflings. But, since that option is not available, I went with the Tolien-esque. That's for a standard halfling. I like the Athasian halfling too, but only for Dark Sun games.

And I wish the 3e halfling was eaten by a bulette! ;) Yes, it's an amalgam of ideas and "borrows" (pun intended) heavily from the kender. Honestly, though, if I wanted to play a kender, I would. And I do. ;)

This round of snarky brought to you by spam. Spam, a little love in a can. ;)

The Green Adam said:
My Halfling vary between my three campaign worlds. My main one has Hobbity Kender...or Kenderish Hobbit Halflings.

How does this work out? I'm trying to visualize this.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases