Meloncov's Sci-FI and Fantasy Digital Models

Meloncov

First Post
The old thread was getting massive, so I'm starting a new one now. The old thread is at http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=161561.

I just started working in Lightwave 3D, one of the professional-level modeling packages. Apart from some junk I made following tutorials, this is my first model in the program:
turret.jpg

If you want to make a request, go ahead and do so. If I think its a cool idea and I have time I might do it, though I may make significant changes to the original idea. If you want more assurance than that, I also take commissions at low rates ($10-$100,depending on complexity).

Scarecrow

First Post
Nice. Agreed on the texturing. A lot of UV mapping to do there. Also, now you're in Lightwave, you have some very powerful lights to work with. Find yourself some tutorials on setting up lights around your model. I'd give you some tips but I've never used Lightwave, sadly.

Meloncov

First Post
Eberron Airship WIP

I'll get back to the fighter eventually, but I needed to model this airship so that my girlfriend could make a physical model for our game. Still not done with a lot of details and texturing.

airshipwireframesidecophv8.jpg

airshipwireframefrontos1.jpg

airshipwireframebackro5.jpg

Last edited:

Scarecrow

First Post
Wow! Now you're using a decent 3D package you're improving in leaps and bounds. The surface material on the cowling is excellent and the lighting is much, much better aswell. Nice one. Can't wait to see your Ebberon ship given the same treatment ;)

Crow

Remove ads