Greater Deity
Symbol: Twilkling lights in the shape of a heart
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Portfolio: Love, Power and fickle nature of Love, Beauty, Fey, Magic
Worshippers: Lovers, Fey, Those with ties to the faerie kingdom
Cleric Alignments: Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Good, Neutral Good
Domains: Luck, Healing, Charm, Magic
Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff

Daughter of Verdante and Amphousa, Valessa takes aspects of both her parents. Amphousa spurred on the lust of Verdante, and bore him a child in an attempt to corrupt him. She held to child over him, keeping him a slave to his lust for her and his care for the child. She corrupted many of his creatures during this time, leading to many of the aberrations and twisted magical beasts that roam Enworld. Ever the vigilant mother, Halina steped in and took the child, Valessa, and gave her to the fey to raise as their queen, where she gained domain over the fey and magic, while drawing love and charm from her mother. Valessa rose above her own parents under Halina's care and the watchful eye of the fey, becoming the embodiment of love and beauty instead of the corrupting power of lust like her mother.

It is said that her love has healing powers, as does any love she blesses. Love is fleeting and fickle according to her teachings, but true love has the power to unite, heal, and overcome all obstacles. The love of the goddess herself is said to heal body and soul of all aliments.

Valessa represents beauty of form and character and is said to be among most beautiful of all the goddesses. It is said her true beauty is beyond mortal comprehension, and those who gaze upon her find feelings of warm . Her followers believe she tones down her beauty when she appears, as to not lead her followers that astray, or appears with a bright flame around her, obscuring her from being viewed directly.

Love is a often happened upon by luck, and the fey are known as master manipulators of luck and magic, and this both are domains of the goddess. The mystical and fickle powers of love represented in aspects of the goddess's domains and ties to the Fey.

Valessa is close to her grandmother Halina, and more recently on speaking terms with her father Verdante, who was ashamed of letting Amphousa manipulate him. She has formed a friendly rivalry with her mother, and is attempting to redeem her mother, while her mother tries to corrupt her daughter. Their worshipers meanwhile, have a fairly bitter rivalry, and it has not been uncommon for priests of one deity to be lured to the other. She supposedly has her eye set on Mongrel, who remains ever elusive of her as he wanders.

[sblock=v1]Valera, Goddess of Love, Beauty, and Passion
The Fickle Lover, Lady of Passion

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: Shadow Heads of Lovers Kissing with a flame behind it.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Portfolio: Love, Power and fickle nature of Love, Fiery Passion, Beauty
Worshippers: Lovers, Healers, Barbarians
Cleric Alignments: Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Good, Neutral Good
Domains: Chaos, Healing, Charm, Fire
Favored Weapon: Whip

Daughter of Channet and Halina, Valera takes aspects of both her parents. A fiery deity who’s passions occasionaly get the best of her, she’s more a lover than a fighter, and has been connected in a tryst of some kind with many of the gods. Those who love, or those who use love worship her, as well as those who channel their fiery emotions.

It is said that her love has healing powers, as does any love she blesses. Love is fleating and ficle according to her teachings, but true love has the power to unite, heal, and overcome all obsitcles. The love of the goddess herself is said to heal body and soul of all alements.

Valera represents beauty of form and character and is said to be among most beautiful of all the goddesses. It is said her true beauty is beyond mortal comprehension, and those who gaze upon her find feelings of warm . Her followers believe she tones down her beauty when she appears, as to not lead her followers that astray, or appears with a bright flame around her, obscuring her from being viewed directly.

Dedications to Valera include acknowledging a love in her name, giving into a passion, or burning something a lover gave you.[/sblock]

-------------------------
I stole and tweeked this from some stuff I've been writing. We need more CG gods, we need a true love/beauty goddess, and this I think fills both needs.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Seems to overlap too much with Ayratha, though (she's got fiery inspiration and stuff). Also, don't we, like, not have Channet yet?

I'd lose the fiery passion and the fire connection. Let's think of something cool together to replace that part. How about fey? There aren't very many deities with a cool fey connection. If we then make a fey-connected Valera the mother of Ulura, it could explain Ulura's whole secrets thing (fey pair well with mystique, mysteries, etc)

Bront

The man with the probe
Channet is the forge god.

Fey is interesting though, loose Channet, give her magic as a domain perhaps? The magical, mystical nature and power of love?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Channet is the forge god.

Fey is interesting though, loose Channet, give her magic as a domain perhaps? The magical, mystical nature and power of love?
Ah, I thought he was the fire god from your other thing--got confused. Either way, it really does step a bit too much on poor Ayratha's toes. Since Ayratha was there first (and has at least one Cleric PC to boot), I think we should think of a way to change the fire bit. If you don't like a fey connection (which would maybe make Valera the daughter of Verdante and Halina?) let's think of something else fun!

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Ah, I thought he was the fire god from your other thing--got confused. Either way, it really does step a bit too much on poor Ayratha's toes. Since Ayratha was there first (and has at least one Cleric PC to boot), I think we should think of a way to change the fire bit. If you don't like a fey connection (which would maybe make Valera the daughter of Verdante and Halina?) let's think of something else fun!
Isn't Verdante a goddess? :confused:

I like the fey connection actualy. I'm working on it now.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Isn't Verdante a goddess? :confused:

I like the fey connection actualy. I'm working on it now.
To tell you the truth, I never read the entry careful, but I figured with the sobriquet "The Green Man" that it must be a man :eek:

Bront

The man with the probe
Oh, and Verdante (who is a god, not goddess) is one of Halina's children. Not that it's unheard of in pantheons...

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Oh, and Verdante (who is a god, not goddess) is one of Halina's children. Not that it's unheard of in pantheons...
That's easy enough--make it Verdante and someone else. Maybe Amphousa? That could be a very interesting story in and of itself.

Bront

The man with the probe
Actualy, Grendath might work as a father. Freedom and exploration god...

Though I think I have a fun story for your suggestion...

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Actualy, Grendath might work as a father. Freedom and exploration god...

Though I think I have a fun story for your suggestion...
Fun stories are good. Could be cool to go with Verdante + Amphousa and also put Fey in her portfolio (making her a good patroness for Nymphs, Sprites, and the like as well). Actually, the Temptation domain of her mother Amphousa does not have anything in it specifically evil (and the domain power is strongly reminiscent of the double-edged gifts and food of the fey). Could be a good one for her.

Let's also tie this in with Patlin's Faerie Woods if possible! Perhaps the Fey Lord of the Faerie Woods was once a lover of the goddess?

Remove ads