Valessa, Goddess of Love, Beauty,and the Fey

Rystil Arden

First Post
Oh, and we may want to change the name to something that doesn't sound the same as Rinaldo's wife with one letter missing, just since Valeria di Senzio has been around LEW longer than the goddess, so it could get confusing :lol:

What's a good feyish name? Viscaria is an obscure type of flower.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Ok, how's that? It's Valessa now, a combo of the two names (kinda), and has a cool backstory.
Cool stuff!

Hmm, wouldn't it be interesting if she had actually come to speaking / slightly-amicable terms with her mother due to their shared interest in love, beauty, passion, etc? Amphousa is capable of expressing love, especially if she has an eventual plan of corruption, and as a goddess of love, Valessa would probably instinctually want to make up with her mother if Amphousa made the offer.

A Chaotic Good and Chaotic Evil deity who are actually still somewhat friendly would be an interesting twist.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Cool stuff!

Hmm, wouldn't it be interesting if she had actually come to speaking / slightly-amicable terms with her mother due to their shared interest in love, beauty, passion, etc? Amphousa is capable of expressing love, especially if she has an eventual plan of corruption, and as a goddess of love, Valessa would probably instinctually want to make up with her mother if Amphousa made the offer.

A Chaotic Good and Chaotic Evil deity who are actually still somewhat friendly would be an interesting twist.
I viewed her more as carrying a grudge against her mother, and she's not on very good terms (Just barely got to speaking terms) with her father. I'm sure grandma wasn't too kind with words about her mom.

I like the rivalry, because it doesn't nessessarily mean there's hate, but it means they don't see eye to eye, which they don't for the most part.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I viewed her more as carrying a grudge against her mother, and she's not on very good terms (Just barely got to speaking terms) with her father. I'm sure grandma wasn't too kind with words about her mom.

I like the rivalry, because it doesn't nessessarily mean there's hate, but it means they don't see eye to eye, which they don't for the most part.
Yeah, but the rivalry is a bit cliche, and we already have a few of those.

I figured it could be a cool dynamic if they had a fairly cordial relationship with Valessa hoping and trying to redeem her mother and Amphousa trying to corrupt her daughter. It would even more amusing if the two churches were bitter rivals even as the goddesses actually weren't, as I'm always interested by church politics that differs somewhat from the actual deities.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Yeah, but the rivalry is a bit cliche, and we already have a few of those.

I figured it could be a cool dynamic if they had a fairly cordial relationship with Valessa hoping and trying to redeem her mother and Amphousa trying to corrupt her daughter. It would even more amusing if the two churches were bitter rivals even as the goddesses actually weren't, as I'm always interested by church politics that differs somewhat from the actual deities.
Sounds good I think I got it (editing now)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Looks good. She could possibly even have her mother's Temptation domain too (no evil spells in there, only charming, and the double-edged gift of the domain power seems like a good match for fey). Either if she does or doesn't. I approve, and I think Valessa is a useful goddess to add to the pantheon. I'll say YES!

Remove ads