Rheim, City of Coruption (Revision of Riem)

Bront

The man with the probe
I apparently misread Riem, City of Prosperity, and so I figure I should write some of this down to fix it. So, I figure I should document some of this for anyone else to use.

Rheim
(Corrupt) Republic
Large City
Population: 22,000 (And 4,000 slaves)
GP Limit: 40,000

Power centers:
Conventional Nobility (20, non-monstrous) (LN, LE, NE)
Conventional Guild Coalition (10, assorted) (LN, N, LE)
Conventional Administrative Roles (5, non-monstrous) (LN & NG)
Magical Religious Coalition (7, non-monstrous) (CG, CE, LN, LE, LN, N)

Community Authorities:
Captain of the Guard: (War 5)
Standing army: 500
Militia: 1500

Racial Demographics:
64% Human
15% Elf
9% Dwarf
3% Gnome
3% Halfling
5% Other races

Notes:
Slavery is legal and is used in the legal system as well as general transactions. Slavery is generaly tightly regulated and abuse of a slave is a legal offense. However, enforcement of slave's rights is spotty. However, it is not uncommon to meet citizens who were slaves or children of slaves.

The city itself is a huge mass of construction, as the town is built upon itself. Roads bridge buildings in the sky, and in some places, the lower levels of the town are unable to see the sky, day or night.

Personalities:
Garza (Human Aristocrat 3)
Garza runs the underground slave and adult slave trade. A man of powerful connections, wealth and resources, he has been rumored to be able to take anyone and make them into a "legal" slave. A letcherous man, he also has an eye for beautiful women for his own personal collection. Occasionaly these women disapear and are replaced by new ones. Garza is somewhat a shorter and somewhat rotund human approaching middle age.

-----------------------------
Proposal:
Adjust what I have here into Riem (who has been renamed Rheim) to rectify what I ran in an adventure where I spelled the city wrong and misread some info on it.

Basicly, the city, as it has grown, has become more corrup as it has grown, and become the quintisental city built on top of itself.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Sounds good to me--you're the only one to ever use Riem of which I know, and it's better to use a place than to let in languish out of fear to contradict. That's how I feel about my own makeover of Medibaria (although I didn't write over some of the existing info by mistake, so I guess mine was more minor :lol: )

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Not sure if it's a proposal, or it just happens.
For me and Medibaria, it just happened. Your case might be a proposal due to overwriting the bit on slavery, but honestly I would have never remembered that lonesoldier said Riem had no slaves if you hadn't reminded us, so your stuff actually used in the adventure seems like it should be the default.

Remove ads