Need a farewell gift for my gaming group

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
gfunk said:
I'm not the DM so no TPK.

However, I think a portrait of the characters would be a great idea. Any links to artists who could accept this commission?

Do you think 2 weeks is a reasonable timeframe?

http://www.joeminns.com/

My group has had two group portraits done by Joe Minns and we've loved them both. At least for us, his stuff has been darker shades, but fit the games very well. The first was a planescape group portrait with Sigil in the background. The second was made up to be a family portrait of the group in the great hall of their manor.

Not sure if I have any copies of the pics on a computer. I suffered a hard drive meltdown a while back.

Yalius

First Post
Pick any representative and recognizable name the group ever identified with; register the name as a web site; set up chat rooms, message boards, photo sharing areas, ways to keep in contact. Maintain the site for at least a few years. That's a gift that the whole group will appreciate. Make it a place where you can keep in touch, reminisce, play a PbP adventure or two. Keeping the group going is a better gift than tchotchkes, dice, or drawings.

Hairfoot

First Post
A pickled beholder head and deeds to parcels of fertile land in the fey valley of K'rznatagranoth.

That's always my standby for last-minute gifts.

Sigurd

First Post
See if they want Whizbang to sleep with them?

Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I would just sleep with them, but barring that, custom dice or maybe get nice miniatures specially painted for each of their characters.

There's an offer, let Whizbang Sleep with them. :lol:

Two weeks might be somewhat unreasonable, simply because they're probably already booked.

If you're willing to pay $200-$300, that's enough to get a single illo from even the high end artists in our industry. Pick an artist in a book that you like, do a Google search, and find his or her website and send an email.

Remove ads