Help with design guidelines - Feats

Najo

First Post
Ok, what I want is feedback form the community on how to design a feat for 3.5 D&D and end up with something as official as possible. Examples of what I am speaking of are like in the article in Dragon 275 written by Sean K Reynolds, "How to Design a Feat". What other consideration aside from those in the article need to be taken into account when building feats for 3.5? What sort of guidelines would WOTC use to develop a feat?

Crothian

First Post
I hope that they look at existing feats that are similar and of the same type. But honestly I think a lot of the time they do what looks good.

Slife

First Post
Crothian said:
I hope that they look at existing feats that are similar and of the same type. But honestly I think a lot of the time they do what looks good.
And don't fall into the trap of saying epic feat X does Y, so my new feat Z must be worse. Epic feat power levels are very uneven.

If it seems like a good idea, is flavourful, hasn't been done quite like that before and feels slightly underpowered, then you're most probably on the right track.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases