Age of Worms character creation advice

Wrathamon

Adventurer
We are starting an Age of Worms game and I was wondering what character concepts worked well for that campaign.

I had two ideas

a killorin Druid senses the danger that is coming so tries to band a group of adventures together to stop whatever is coming

or

a Marshall Bard who is the PR man and trainer for a Goliath street fighter (another PC barbarian I believe going rage mage).

one player is a dashing but cocky and insulting Gnome swordsman (i think he is a swashbuckler going blade bravo)

thoughts?

We also have a rogue warlock that I dont know much about and another PC that I dont know what he is playing.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*three*

Any reason you can't just play a cleric that's good about turning undead? Cause I'll be honest, you're facing a good portion of your fights against undead. Especially one particular undead beastie that will be VERY, VERY tough, even at high levels towards the end of the campaign.

There's also being a paladin might work for you...

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*six*

Kenobi,

That was my thought, but there's also other clerics too. Some that might work well in a fight against undead.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Nightfall said:
*three*

Any reason you can't just play a cleric that's good about turning undead? Cause I'll be honest, you're facing a good portion of your fights against undead. Especially one particular undead beastie that will be VERY, VERY tough, even at high levels towards the end of the campaign.

I have to agree with Nightfall, your party will need a cleric for turning and healing.

I'm running the campaign at the moment and without the cleric in the party they would be worm food by now.

borc killer

First Post
DragonLancer said:
I'm running the campaign at the moment and without the cleric in the party they would be worm food by now.

/agree

To the OP: Honestly if you don’t have a good classic party you will not be able to finish the campaign as written.

You really must have a cleric, any kind will do… even a negative energy one, but you are going to need to cast Mass Heal every few rounds by the end of the AoW. You really must have a heavy armor fighter type that can deal good damage, paladins work well as they can smite 99% of everything. And I also think an arcain caster is required, but a well played druid MIGHT be ok.

The only class I feel is not required is a rogue. Would be nice but by no means is it a ‘power’ class in the AoW, I would rather have a bard. So I would go with the Bard idea and try and get the Barbarian to be the main tank.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Agreed.

There are several variants of a cleric that can work - but all of them involve BEING a cleric.

That does not mean a Druid is not handy. But someone with a decent base class as a cleric is a necessity.

Kaodi

Hero
Hmmm... A whole party of Cleric 8/Marshall 2/Radiant Servant of Pelor 10? A party with Demand Fortitude, Determined Caster, Force of Will, Watchful Eye, Hardy Soldiers, Motivate Attack, Motivate Care and Motivate Urgency running all the time. That could just be wrong.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases