Recruiting S2: Orc War

Manzanita

First Post
Velmont said:
Manz, look at the map here. The Northern Vastermarch have a coast (or at least, is very near the coast. So teh group could be heaidng toward Monemvassia for some dull reason and stop by one of teh city near teh coast to have supply, and maybe do some repair too after a storm.

OK. I'm a loser. I haven't looked at that map in awhile. For some reason, I thought Vastermarch was landlocked. Obviously that is not the case. They would still need to be deeper inland from the coast to really join the adventure how I'd like. Perhaps the Water Dragon sustained some damage, and they headed inland for some reason as it was being repaired.

Just realized, too, that with Ogrin in the adventure, there is a rogue. Still, I would like to see Talbin out of the Inn.... We could really use a cleric or druid, but those are hard to find in LEW, especially at the higher levels. We need some people to create more cleric cohorts, maybe :lol:

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
I hope to have these guys in action in time to bail you out if it looks like a TPK! :p

Actually, you guys are doing fine. Shouldn't need any help. And you will get some breaks in the adventure series to go shopping. Can't promise you when, though, exactly.

EDIT: I wrote that before the lion attack. But we'll see...

ooc: Silly me. Until you said "lion attack" I hadn't realized that S1 and "The Strange Case of Aif Jenkins farm" were the same adventure! The current situation reminds me a bit of a line in Braveheart: "The spirits think they can get me out of this...(looks over at Boog) but yer #%$%#."

:)

Just kidding, Boogster. We'll save you somehow!

Wik

First Post
Trouvere said:
I refuse to play in whichever adventure introduces Jar Jar Arimae.

Man, you're just shooting out ideas!

A Rastafarian thief who is vaguely racist. I love it!

Someone

Adventurer
Wee! Nodis is going to kill some orcs! and I can be useful if we need to climb a mountain: I can create more than seven miles of rope every day.

In a more serious vein, I've had a look at Boog and I don't think there will be any overlapping; the two of them have a set of powers so different that I bet they'll seem to be of two different classes. And looks like Nodis is going to meet Eusebius again!

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Well, Razh's primary reason for going north is to scout out his clan's old caves. Ogrin might pursue some business opportunities up the coast (much to Rasereit's chagrin), and then they could travel on foot to the mountains. They're looking for adventure all the time though, like I said, clearing the Vundinn caverns is a long term goal. And anything that clears the Northern Mountains of monsters and evil is good with Razh, because you've got to clean the surface before you scour the depths. Actually, you could even tie this in to the Vundinn clan if you wanted. Read Rasereit's background and see if you want to work some of that in. It happened some time ago, so maybe not.

Manzanita

First Post
I'm working this out here.

Ogrin & Razh. The water Dragon needs to be checked on periodically. Ogrin's employees need some supervision to keep his operation profitable. Razh wants to head North to scout out his old clan's caves. They can probably use both these hooks, or just Razh's, to justify heading North near the mountains, somewhat inland. They/you should figure this out and post an exit from the inn.

Talbin knows Ogrin & Razh doesn't he? I have a different hook for him to get North. Please post having him exit the inn for whatever reason, taking a walk, going shopping, whatever...

Nodis is more difficult. His origin doesn't mention where he's from. Do you think his father's farm could be in the Northern Vastermarch? Or even north of there? If so, if he got a letter from his mother, saying that his father is alive and wants to see him, do you think he'd head North for that? If this works, you can post in the RDI, receiving a letter and leaving.

Someone

Adventurer
I don't mind the farm being wherever is convenient, but I very much doubt his parents would manage to find out where Nodis is without hiring a wizard, and those are expensive, or if he would bother to return yet.

It's much more probable he just left the Tavern after checking out there isn't many adventures knocking on the door and wandered there, or stuck to Rasereit when he started to talk about the north and the monster-overran caves there.

B4cchus

Explorer
since Talbin is a very carefull halfling and tagged along with a higher level party before, i'm sure he'll do fine (and he's somewhat clsoe to level up). He doesn't really know razh and ogrin, except for some time in the inn. I'll have him leave the inn right away.

Someone

Adventurer
Another idea for Nodis I just thought up: He recently got the Clairvoyance psionic power, and unlike the crippled arcane version this one has unlimited range. If Rasereit is curious about his homeland, it'd be a child's play for Nodis to have a quick look at the area for the dwarf (right now he has no problem using all the power point load; that makes 11 uses of it), and continue things from there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases