Recruiting S2: Orc War

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Razh distrusts all magic that doesn't heal wounds or make his axes sharper. I doubt he'd be inclined to listen to a diviner. (Yeah, I know, Nodis isn't a diviner, but you catch my meaning, and Razh wouldn't know the difference.) But Ogrin might trust him... and it's always great to have a clairvoyant at sea, right?

Manzanita

First Post
I'm reluctant to have a discussion in the RDI about searching out Razereit's lost homeland. It could well attract all sort of interested parties. I'm also reluctant to bring any details of Razh's homeland or people into the story yet, because I haven't given any thought to actually running that adventure, and don't want to commit to anything.

The RDI is somewhat well known, I would think. People do come from all over to hire adventurers there. Nodis' parents might simply address a letter there without actually knowing he was there, as part of a larger search for their son.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Manzanita said:
I'm reluctant to have a discussion in the RDI about searching out Razereit's lost homeland.
Er, oops. He kinda already did. But nobody's commented on it. I'll conduct the rest of the conversation in low conversational tones directed solely at Ogrin. (Although if Manzanita is okay with Somebody's clairvoyant idea, Nodis has already heard about Ogrin's ship and the potential voyage, so he might join the quiet conversation between the halfling and the dwarf.)

Whether or not Nodis joins them, Ogrin and Razh will decide to head north to look for Razh's homeland and see what there is to see, hoping to make some profit with the Water Dragon en route. I also believe that Pendrake is heading back to the RDI to talk to Razh about heading north. I'll have my dwarf tell Pendrake that he and his friend are going to scout the area out and see if a raid into the Underenworld is plausible, but that Pendrake will be first on Razh's list of warriors to recruit for a reclamation of the Northern Mountains.

ADDENDUM: And Manz, I didn't mean to bully you into DMing Razh's Reclamation! I just thought it was something to ponder, and I threw it out there for consideration. It's a long time coming, so we'll think about it later. Disregard it for now, we'll just use it to get Razh and Ogrin (and maybe Nodis) to the Vastermarch.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
That's fine. Someone, Nodis can get involved however you like. You can have him overhear Razh & Ogrin's conversation & leave the inn after them or whatever. I'll go ahead & start the S2 thread, and you guys can start posting there once you exit the RDI.

Remove ads