TCotM: Vanitri's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Vanitri approaches the Crux, suddenly the world disappears around him in a flash.*

*When the flash clears, Vanitri is back in the Freefolk caravan...or wait, this isn't quite the same caravan as where he grew up. The caravan itself, the wagons, tents, and materials, look much nicer, actually.*

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: This still on if I grab the Adamantine Dagger? I never got a chance to respond before everything else happened.

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri looks around for any familiar faces. His 'sister', Lex, anyone.

OOC: Ros was a PC, but she left long ago (I know her personaly, she's my best friend's Fiance), and she's not coming back, so she's available to NPC. Not that I expect you to, but she's there.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I know about Ros. She has always been in the plan ;))

*Looking around, Vanitri spots his sister sitting near a campfire telling stories to a bunch of children, some of whom are giggling, some smiling, some sitting atently or mouth agape. One little girl shifts slightly to give Ros a hug against her side.*

*One of the little boys notices Vanitri's attention and calls out:*

"Hey, Caravan Master--is it true about how you beat the Dark Lord? And the Lichwyrm?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri chuckles, "Why, that depends. I must confess though, that the versions that flatter me the most are closest to the truth," he says with a wink to the boy.

Vanitri smiles as he survays the caravan. Looks around, smiling, waving, and greeting it's members. He gives a nod to Ros as he walks by and lets her continue her story.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I told ya so!" another little boy says.

"Oh yeah...well," he pulls up two sticks, one in each hand, "I'm Caravan Master Vanitri! Beware, foul beastie!"

"No, I'm Caravan Master Vanitri!" the other boy says, taking two sticks of his own, "Evildoers, run and hide lest I split you in twain!"

"No, I'm Caravan Master Vanitri. Fair maidens rejoice!"

"Yeah, well then I'm Ashnar!" another little boy suggests.

"Ewwwwwww! You want to turn into a girl?"

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm Miss Elektra," a little girl says, "I use my magic on little boys to make them stop being so hyper and listen to Sister's stories some more."

"Awww! No fair!" all three of the boys say at once.

*Meanwhile, Vanitri walks past and waves and greets the members of the caravan. Each stops what he or she is doing to wave back and give a quick nod of recognition to Vanitri. It may not seem like much, but to a Freefolk, it shows the utmost respect for a Caravan Master--after all, the position is chosen by the people and not an authoritarian one.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri stops by Sister again after his round. (Did he see Lex?) "Sis, you mind tellin' the story 'bout the Crux? I always loved your rendition of it."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Vanitri does notice Elektra along with the caravan, though she's asleep, perhaps because unlike a normal Freefolk who might chat and party and get disjointed or less than eight hours of sleep, a Wizard must get a full uninterrupted rest each night.*

"Of course, Big Brother. Let's see, though...that's one of the stranger ones."

*Ros tells the story of the Crux. It sounds basically like a fairly-accurate, if lacking some of the crazier nitty-gritty details, version of the story Vanitri remembers, except it has an ending--According to the story's end, Vanitri and company decided that the Crux wasn't really that dangerous after all and decided to leave it alone, and nothing bad came of it, as they were right and the Crux was relatively harmless.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri chuckles to himself. 'I'm getting too cynical, or maybe too used to these vision things. The Crux thinks it can trick me into not destrying it by showing me how nice everything would be if it's left alone huh?'

"What ever happened to Teny?"

OOC: if she answered that in the story, he might not ask it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The other times it felt like a vision, but this feels different, like it is completely authentic--like he's actually in the future, rather than just liivng/seeing it in a vision)

"Tenebrynn came back out--he's living in Orussus now with his wife. He's the Head Librarian at the library and a big hero in Orussus!" Ros reminds him, "But wait, why do you ask, big brother?"

Remove ads