• Book of Fiends

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Bestiary of Krynn

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Other, please specify below

Votes: 13 8.8%

Voadam

Legend
I got the Monsternomicon 3.5 recently and added it to my extensive d20 monster book collection.

What 3rd party monster book is your favorite?

For me I'd have to go with Complete Minions from Bastion Press. It was probably the first 3.5 monster book I got and I've gotten great use out of the monsters in it since I got the 3.0 Minions Rebirth pdf. I like the alien full color fantasy monster pictures and have enjoyed using the beasties as a DM and fighting some of them as a player.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Man, those are some tough choices :).

I went for Tome of Horrors, just because it has a great spread of old-skool goodness and serious staying power. The Book of Fiends was a close contender, though, along with Legacy of the Dragons (er, "other", I guess) and the Creature Collections. I got my first look at the revised Bestiary of Krynn a couple of nights ago and was very impressed as well. Tome ftw, though.

DMH

First Post
As much as I love Minions, the Penumbra Fantasy Bestiary is still first with me.

For template books, Bodies and Souls from Second World nudges out Advanced Bestiary and Book of Templates 3.5.

johnnype

First Post
I would have picked Advanced Bestiary if it was on the list but I understand it's not technically a monster book since it only provides templates. I've also heard that the Book of Templates 3.5 is even better but I don't own it so I can't say.

From your list I went with the Book of Fiends for the subject it covers as much as the individual monsters listed in its pages.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Great choices, but Book of Fiends has the advantage of being about my favorite type of monster, well written, great art, great integrated fluff, everything I want in a monster book.

Voadam

Legend
johnnype said:
I would have picked Advanced Bestiary if it was on the list but I understand it's not technically a monster book since it only provides templates. I've also heard that the Book of Templates 3.5 is even better but I don't own it so I can't say.

From your list I went with the Book of Fiends for the subject it covers as much as the individual monsters listed in its pages.

I consider template books monster books and valid choices.

I can vouch for the quality of the Book of Templates, I use the elemental templates from there a bunch, but I don't own the Advanced Bestiary to compare it to.

Remove ads