S2: War in Vastermarch - Completed

rln

Explorer
"See you outdoors, Razh! Wait up, Talbin!"

Ogrin grabs his gear and follows Talbin, hoping the two of them can lay some surprise halfling fury on their beseigers.

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis, male human shaper 5, AC 16, HP 31/31, PP 35/35

Manzanita said:
Dark humanoid figures wearing heavy arms move about, torching buildings, and killing any townfolk who come out.

ooc: How many humanoids are there? by the description it sounds like "you can't count them properly" which translates as "they'll kill you if you face them just that."

Nodis gathers his stuff, which doesn't take much time. "The town is being invaded! We need our horses, before these things burn and kill them!" shouts, as he darts behind the dwarf and the halfling.

Manzanita

First Post
There is no sign that the inn itself is on fire. If it is, you can't smell the smoke or feel the heat inside yet. Several orcs are visible outside, but not hundreds, by any means. Of course, you have no idea how many are beyond your vision. Is everyone taking all their things? Will Razh leave his armor behind?

Everyone wakes up at about the same time. The two 'merchants' stumble out of bed, cursing a blue streak. "Orcs! Here? Now! What can this mean, Lothar?" asks the younger one, with sandy hair.

The maimed one scowls and gives him a scathing look. " Get your things. Let's get out of here." They both set to putting on their leather and studded leather armor.

There is only one other upstairs door, where the owners live. The group can hear bustling sounds inside.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Hmm, I was under the impression that we were being attacked and were in combat rounds. If we're not, Rasereit will indeed gather his things. He'll done his breastplate hastily (1 minute) and put his gauntlets on. All-in-all, it should take 2 minutes.

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: i, too, was under the wrong impression, albeit that i thought that the inn was on fire. If the inn isn't on fire, Talbin will hastly don his chainshirt and proceed outside.
From there he'll continue with his plan to sneak out of the inn.

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: Nodis slept with his mithril chain shirt on, so taking his things is a matter of picking up his backpack.

Nodis continues watching through the window, showing himself as little as he can [Hide check 18]. He considers briefly to create a construct to distract the orcs, but it won't last enough if the rest of the party is putting on their armor. "Guys, these are orcs, and doesn't look like there's too many of them. Do you want to fight orcs? They are a classic!"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit let's out a curt laugh at Nodis' comment. He whispers loudly as he tightens the clasps on his various pieces of armor, "Ha! Do Ah?! Ah used t'eat orcs fer breakfast!" It's difficult to tell if he's speaking literally or not.

rln

Explorer
"I'll try to get to the horses. I should be able to sneak around most of them orcs, if the mongrel's by my side today."

Ogrin continues towards the door, shield and sword ready (but no armour).

OOC: Hide +11, Move Silently +9

Manzanita

First Post
Sorry this thing isn't going very quickly. I'm back from my trip but can't muster a post tonight. Hopefully we'll get going well tomorrow.

Manzanita

First Post
Everyone gears up and exits the dormitory together. Let's assume everyone has put on their armor and gathered their equipment. It is now about 2:02 am. The two merchants accompany the party down the stairs, in the rear. The maimed one wears studded leather and carries a fine black heavy crossbow, loaded, in his hands. The younger one wears leather armor, a small wooden shield, and a longsword. Both wear heavy backpacks.

The stairs go into the common room below. It has several long tables, with stools upended and neatly placed on the tables, so the floor could be swept the night before. The main door has been smashed open, and sound of looting and eating can be heard from the kitchen, which is beyond an open door. The party knows that the stables can be reached through a back door through the kitchen or by exiting through the front doors, and going around. Both ways are about the same distance.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases