Mortal Kombat!!

Jemal

Adventurer
This morning you woke up in a clearing. Around you were a couple dozen other beings, some of which you couldn't even recognize. The clearing is about a mile diameter, ringed by forest. In the middle of it stands a large castle. Over the next few hours, beings had kept appearing in the clearing until there were nearly a hundred.
Some knew why they were here, some didn't. Those that didn't raged at being summoned and imprisoned like this.... For imprisoned indeed it does seem you are. No force can get into the castle (Many have tried and failed utterly) or into the forest. Some tried to take out their frustration on their fellow "captives" only to fnd that they could do no harm to anyone.

Eventually, everyone managed to piece together the basics of what was happening. This was an interplaner Fighting Tournament the likes of which was seen only once a century. You had all been brought here to participate, whether willingly or not.

About half an hour after the last 'straggler' appears, the gate opens and several figures walk out. The one in the lead is dressed in a leather vest and pants and has a wand tucked into his belt. The others are all nearly identical. Just under 6 feet tall, well built but not "huge", and wielding various weapons.

"Good day" says the leader, his voice not seeming loud, yet it sounds clearly and in each persons native tongue. "For those of you who are NOT here by choice, I apologize but my lord felt your presence was required in order for this to be an effective measure of prowess. To the rest of you, congratulations on winning your way here. NOW, it is time to get on with the information that you require to compete. First off, to clear things up for those in the audience who didn't know they were entering.. This is THE tournament of Fighting Masters. You are all some of the best and most powerful beings in the multiverse, and over the next while, we will be finding out which of you is THE best. If you do not wish to participate, all you have to do is sit right here until the tournament is over. Of course, that won't last forever..." his easy smile converts into a wicked grin "But so long as you participate we needn't worry about that. Now, the rules are as follows: You've allready found that you can do nothing offensive to each other within this clearing. Outside of it, however, that changes. Once you leave this clearing (Which you'll be able to do at first light tommorow), everybody becomes open game. The Island we are on is several miles around, so you needn't worry that this will devolve into some sort of mass brawl. That's not what we want, anyways. We're looking for Skill, Cunning, and Power, best shown in single or small scale combat. The tournament will continue until there are 20 or less of you left. At that point, the 'safe zone' around the castle will be turned off, and the 6 of you with the highest scores will be taken inside. The rest will be entered into a battle royal TO THE DEATH, until there are two survivors. Those two will join the other 6 inside, to prepare for the final rounds. The details of those rounds will be explained at that point and no sooner. Now, I was speaking earlier of Points. This tournament is not a simple 'defeat or kill the opponent' thing. Such is one way of going about it, but we believe it takes greater skill and power sometimes to bring your opponent in alive. As such, there are various ways of gaining points. 1 point if you kill your opponent and bring the dead body(Or enough to prove it's dead) back to the gatekeepers. They will hand out all points. You will receive TWO points if you bring a living..."He glances over at a trio of pale-skinned, sharp-toothed people "Or it's equivalent... Body back to them. Three points if you can bring someone back and convince them to Surrender.". He continues speaking over any interuptions, and they don't cause trouble understanding him.

Clearing his throat, he looks around at all of you"A few other things you should know about this island. it is it's own Demiplane, as most of you who are familiar with the term have probably deduced by now. As such, it has traits that are slightly different from the normal Material Worlds. As you may have noticed, the Vampires over there are not on fire from the sun. As well, death has a different meaning here. If you die here.. Even those of you who normally don't STAY dead.. There will be no coming back. Also, there are several different areas of the island.. Plains Forests, swamps, mountains, underground caverns, and a sea surrounding it. Each of these areas has a... slight problem that you may encounter. If you are able to destroy one of these problems and return with proof, you will gain extra points.

These men behind me are the guards. They are all Demigods, and each alone is aproximately as good a fighter as you, though as Divine Beings, they are not allowed to enter the tournament itself. Any attempt to break into the castle or assault them will be met with deadly retributive force. Once I go inside, they will be your only liason with those of us running this tournament. You will not see me again unless you are one of the Lucky 8 who make it to the finals. SO, before I go are there any REAL questions?"

Darimaus

First Post
Caltrop wakes up in a lazy fashion, yawning ad relaxing in the sun. Today was the first day in the quest to regain immortality. It was a good day. The tiny dragon barely payed attention to the great speach given to all in attendance. He was familiar with the details. What he wasn't familiar with was his competition. But then again, he thought to himself, they are aren't familiar with me either.

The little creature smiles as he scouts around and located the largest, meanest, ugliest brute with hair in the whole lot of them. He then flys over and attempts to nest in said hair (OOC: I'm not sure what the definition of harm is) and go to sleep. If he is pulled out, he will make it look like he is resisting but be very weak, only to do it again. Rinse and repeat, with a little nap in their somewhere, until the tounrament starts.

Rino

First Post
Iapetus partly ignores the talk by the big chief and walks around in the group of contestants looking for any familier faces.

after the introduction he takes of flying high above the clearing looking at the rest of the island to see how the terrain looks like.
he dives down towards the ground and at the last possible moments he opens his wings to land softly on the ground.

Iapetus will spent the night practising with his scimitars [ooc: just showing of is a better word]

Vertexx69

First Post
Being ready for the transition, Tenneth immediately becomes invisible upon arriving at the castle. Then reducing his size to medium and takes flight around the corner of the castle, looking for a bit of shadow under a tower crenalation or the like (though not trying to enter). After finding it, he will land (climbs speed 15ft) and make his Hide Check (1d20+140=155). Then Tenneth will slowly make his way back around to the front of the castle, pausing here and there to get a good look at any competetors he might see on the field below, as he unslings his bow to make sure there is no damage, (using 5 rounds of true seeing on each side of the castle.) "Almost makes me wish I still needed to eat..."

Brother Allard

First Post
Without a word, Grugg stepped through the portal in the high throne room of the Grand Caliph Ibn al-Haytham, deep within the bowels of the Citadel of Ice and Steel, and thereby ended the term of his service. From the dizzying perspectives of the high hall, Grugg emerged into the sun-warmed grass of the castle's close. Well used to such transitions, the planar warrior inhaled deeply - the sudden smell of flowers bringing him back to some half-remembered childhood, alone in the wilderness - at peace. He smiled.

And only then began to take stock his competitors.

A very great distance away, the Grand Caliph Ibn al-Haytham turned to his most trusted Vizier, a look of relief writ plainly on his face. "Finally," he sighed. "So powerful, and so utterly unpredictable. Perhaps now we shall have some peace."

Shayuri

First Post
Macrisse arrives at the tournament grounds in human form...as much to avoid crowding as any attempt to deceive anyone. He was well aware that such disguises were easily penetrated by beings of power such as these. To the eye he was simply a human man with long silver-white hair ruffled by the wind. Wearing a simple, though well made, mantle and robe, he could be a wizard or sorceror perhaps...that idea reinforced by his lack of weaponry.

To those with True Sight though, the shadowy image of a mammoth silver dragon hangs over his humble human shell. Of elephantine size, and with scales so tiny and layered that he looks like a creature of living metal, the shade of his true form is majestic even when hidden away.

He surveys the grounds and castle curiously, then turns his attention to the competitors. Quite the challenge. He considers each in turn, already making his plans.

Rino

First Post
After Iapetus shows off his skills with the swords he walks around the clearing and even takes of in the night skies to see all the contestants. he looks down on them all with a view of divine clearity to see if there is anything unusual going on in the clearing.

He spots a men with the shadow of a much bigger dragon around him. and he decided to drop down and see why the dragon wouldn't show his true form.

Iapetus drops down from the night's sky and just opening his wing a couple of feet from the ground near the dragon in human form.

Good evening sir, what brings you to the patch of land?

Shayuri

First Post
Macrisse turns when he's addressed, and essays a respectful half-bow at the waist on seeing the hawk-headed Avoral standing there. He smiles wryly and makes an offhand circling gesture.

"The same thing as everyone else I expect. The tournament. I admit, seeing a full celestial here is a bit of a surprise though. Have you come on orders, or are you striking out on your own?"

Rino

First Post
well they let me go my own way from time to time. and now is such a time but I'm not intirely for the glory of winning this, but it is a good side effect.
after a small pause what is a dragon doing on these grounds? I thought you would enter in your natural form and not in this more restricted form of life.

Shayuri

First Post
He spreads his hands. "I've come to appreciate most shapes for what they offer," he replies. "A human body is compact and uses space efficiently. And besides, I like hands."

He stretches out an open palm, then closes it. "Amazing what you can when there's no claws in the way." he remarks.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases