[OOC] Constables of the 14th Ward

Scotley

Hero
The smudged flyer nailed to the bulletin board caught your eye. Despite smoky morning light and the light snowfall the official Magistrate's seal and the large crudely lettered 'I. I.' were clearly visible.

The 14th ward needs you!
Men and Women of action, Ignatious Ironshirt, Magistrate of the 14th Ward is looking for qualified applicants to protect the peace and good order. The special investigative squad is in need of new recruits. Guard, Military, Watch, or Investigative experience preferred but not required. If you have honor, a desire to serve, and the taste for a challenge then the 14th Ward wants you. Present yourself to Ignatious Ironshirt in the second hour after high noon on the 13th at the Magisterial offices. Uniforms and Arms provided to successful applicants.
- [signed] I. I.

We are recruiting up to six players for a homebrew game. Characters will all be members of a special investigative squad in the 14th Ward of the great city of Lauralie Summerhome. We are looking for players willing to post daily or close to it. This game will be somewhat unusual in that there will be two experienced gamemasters working together. In some ways this game is a tribute to long ago days of youth when we whiled away afternoons playing first edition as co-DMs. But this is no trip down memory lane. While there may be a few inside jokes and old friends involved, it will be a 3.5 edition game in an all new world. You can see some of that work at the campaign wiki located here: http://lauraliesummerhomecampaign.wikispaces.com/ You'll also find the character generation guidelines there, as well as starting level, and other details. We will be playing at EnWorld with the wiki serving as an information resource. Once you are accepted into the game you'll have a chance to contribute to the wiki as well. Feel free to post your character there or take notes on what is happening. We will continue to update the wiki with npc's and additional world details as they unfold. We will be using www.invisiblecastle.com for most of the dice rolling. Read the guidelines on the wiki and generate a character draft here for consideration. (The uniforms and arms mentioned in the advertisement are one surcoat and one truncheon.)

This game will not be first come first served. The DMs will evaluate potential characters based on their appropriateness to the style of game we plan and the degree to which we feel they will add to a functional group. Creative background and interesting characters will be favored. However, obviously muchkin types will be more likely to get passed over. Backgrounds and personalities that can't work well with a group are unlikely to be accepted. Let us say that again: good teamwork is a MUST! Don't expect the rest of the party to modify their behavior to compensate for your character's deficiencies, insanity, or just plain weirdness. If you play a freakish character, don't be surprised when you end up in the sideshow. The brooding loner is an overworked cliche, and he is likely to be hung out to dry in short order. While we will not require complete characters for consideration, a detailed presentation is more likely to be received well. Do not expect exceptions to the guidelines presented to be accepted. We've provided a fair list of races and a long list of classes, which should provide fertile ground for character development. This game will be focused on city adventuring and some dungeon adventuring. As members of the Special Squad you will be given assignments, but you will also have plenty of opportunities to freelance, and pursue your own whims, wherever they might take you. The spirit of the City State of the Invincible Overlord, Greyhawk, Lankhmar, Waterdeep and sprawling homebrew cities we've played and gamemastered will live on in Lauralie Summerhome. We plan to provide a mix of high fantasy, low fantasy, high adventure, and a dose of humor here and there, as well. The rest is up to you. Humor (from the DMs) will never intentionally be at player expense, but you will be best served by exercising discretion and maturity at all times, and by remembering that jokes are only jokes, so just SMILE. :)

Your DMs have many years of experience as players and gamemasters with a variety of games. Scotley is an avid play-by-post gamer, an early adopter of 3rd edition/3.5 dnd, and one of the most creative souls your likely ever to encounter on this plane. While Leif is a relative newcomer to play-by-post gaming and the current edition of the rules, he brings to the game extensive experience with first edition DMing, the talents of an experienced writer, and an insatiable thirst for adventure.

The Rogues' Gallery thread can be found here:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=3612392#post3612392

The In character thread can be found here:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=200694

The campaign wiki located here:

http://lauraliesummerhomecampaign.wikispaces.com/

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
This is something I might be interested in, though it looks like there is a lot of info to digest. I'll read through it all and let you know. I wouldn't want to pass up a chance to game with Scotley, though! :D

Scotley

Hero
Excellent. I would love to have you in the game Rhun. There is a lot and we are adding more daily, but I hope you'll find it worth checking out.

Ambrus

Explorer
I'm with Rhun, this looks interesting though I'll need to work my way through more of it before I can even think of an appropriate concept.

Jemal

Adventurer
I'm going on vacation in less than 24 hours, and so won't have all that much time to join a new campaign during the next week. If you're still recruiting when I get back into regular posting (Probably 8 or 9 days from today), I'll see what I can do.

Scotley

Hero
Jemal said:
I'm going on vacation in less than 24 hours, and so won't have all that much time to join a new campaign during the next week. If you're still recruiting when I get back into regular posting (Probably 8 or 9 days from today), I'll see what I can do.

The game is not first come, first served, so you should have a chance to get in a submission on your return. Have a good trip. Sorry to see you are leaving just as our characters were getting together in IG's game.

Scotley

Hero
Ambrus said:
I'm with Rhun, this looks interesting though I'll need to work my way through more of it before I can even think of an appropriate concept.

No rush, taking some time to develop a character that fits in with the game concept will make it more likely that you'll get in anyway.

Ambrus

Explorer
Hm. Looking over your wiki, it seems that there are already three PCs listed. It leads me to ask, how many players are you looking to add? Are we all competing for a remaining spot or two?

Edit: It's a shame that gutter-gnomes aren't available as PCs; they sound neat. :)

So far, I'm thinking of a falconin rogue or scout. In a gritty urban environment, aerial recognisance would be of value for the group. Plus, perching on top of gargoyles and church steeples is just fun. ;)

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
This seems interesting. I was mulling over a few options after reading your wiki, but I like how you work with wizards in your game. Does any renegade training exist in the world, or purely at the Academy? Are Vow feats from BoED allowed?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases