Custom Cold based Psychic Warrior Powers

Bront

The man with the probe
I missed the Swift parts.

Yes, with Swift, it's decidedly more powerfull than something out there already. Fix that.

Dalamar

Adventurer
I would think that Bladeblizzard would be somewhat redundant with weapon of energy (look under Claw of Energy for the exact effect), though I wouldn't go as far as saying that it is unbalanced. It does resemble the deep crystal material for weapons (2PP for 2d6 on one attack as a free action) with the added cost of one more PP and a swift action in exchange for all attacks. Being a known power is pretty much equivalent with requiring the weapon be made from the material.
Alternatively, you could compare it to the Psionic Weapon feat, but PP are very hard to compare to psionic focus.

I think Brainfreezer might be better balanced as a standard action that includes a single attack, possibly with the option of "holding the charge" similar to a touch spell/power. Also, a note saying that a creature that does not take damage from the power is not stunned even if fails the save might be in order.

Also note that the two powers deal the same damage per manifestation untill the psychic warrior gains multiple attacks (8th level for a psychic warrior that does not dual wield), but the latter power has a possibility of stunning the target.

Someone

Adventurer
Bladeblizzard is a bit redundant, having already very similar powers (weapon of energy and dissolving weapon). A variant of Dissolving weapon that deals cold damage would be better than an entirely new power, specially because the manifesting time of one swift action makes the power very valuable, specially at higher levels.

Brainfreezer would be in line with other powers being a standard action that allows a touch attack that deals the described damage.

EternalSword

First Post
Bladeblizzard: Darn, I could have sworn dissolving weapon was a swift action. Oh well, will change to the 4d6 with augment to make it for a full attack.

Brainfreezer: Dalamar's idea keeps what I was trying to get with the power and balances it better. Standard action including the attack, hold the charge available.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I think they're well balanced. I have one minor suggestion, you can take it or leave it:

"You form a link between yourself and elemental forces of cold,"

I don't think elemental when I think cold. Ice, maybe. Water, definitely. In LEW, since the towers are so prevalent, I'd suggest water.

But regardless of your decision on that matter, I vote YES.

Remove ads