Custom Cold based Psychic Warrior Powers

Bront

The man with the probe
Oh, and make sure, when you make these, you deduct the appropriate craft points (I think we make people do that when researching their own spells, right?)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I'm not really sure about psionics... When a wizard gets a new spell at his level-up, he can make it a "researched" (brand new, player made it up) spell at no cost to him, right? So a psion learning a new power would function the same way, I think.

Knight Otu

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I'm not really sure about psionics... When a wizard gets a new spell at his level-up, he can make it a "researched" (brand new, player made it up) spell at no cost to him, right? So a psion learning a new power would function the same way, I think.
Not as far as I know, and I believe we discussed this previously. I'll see if I can dredge up that discussion.

Erekose13

Explorer
I thought it only mattered if you wanted to prestige of having them private. If you want the public, then they are open for anyone to take once approved.

Now that these are here, I find myself working on my half-giant again and wanting Dissolving Weapon to be more Fire oriented...

EternalSword

First Post
Personally, given that psions don't have spellbooks, they'd almost have to be private, fluffwise. So, yeah, I do want to research it. Its not like I have anything else to use Craft points on. Oh, do CP-researched spells/powers cout against your limit?

Wik

First Post
I don't really know about that. After all, they learn their powers through meditation, right? And throug discussions with other psionic individuals?

Seems to me that Joe the Psion and Bob the Psion might just create the same effect, due to shared experiences. Hell, Bob the Psion might just learn "Joe's Amazing Psychic Effect" after watching Dave the Psion use it (and Dave learned it from watching Joe use it!).

Remove ads