Just a Thought

Itzquahpilli

First Post
I'm probably just ignorant of some setting rule or something, but I was wondering... why don't we have a weather system worked out? Characters making up the weather doesn't generally work very well, as the next person to enter the room usually isn't playing out that they are under the same conditions, unless it is, of course, sunny.
I don't know whether or not it's worth the work, but I think a random weather generator (perhaps using the d% system laid out in the DM's guide) available for all players to view at any time would add something to the game. After all, it has to rain occasionally ;)

Magi_Nashira

Chaotic Lawkeeper
I had one for the Rotunda,it was filled out up until the end of last year, and disappeared when the site crashed at one point. I should get around to making another weather calendar...now for the bribes...... :)

Magi_Trelian

First Post
From the setting description of Sigil:

"Once an individual enters the city, they immediately realize how polluted the air is with soot-laden air mixed with the sounds and smells of a thousand worlds and planes and their inhabitants. A near-perpetual haze blankets the city, mixed with the low hanging clouds that form the city's own gray and dingy weather. There is no sun or moon and no real "horizon". There are no true storms and it never gets very hot or very cold. Yet Sigil still enjoys days and nights much like any prime material city. In the early hours of the morning, the sky slowly brightens, reaching a peak of illumination as bright as the noonday sun. After peak, the illumination fades over the next several hours until darkness reigns, and then the whole cycle starts over. When one looks up into the night sky, Sigil's stars are the flickers of torchlight and lanterns from the other side of the city high above."

Or: cloudy with moderate temperatures, with frequent short intervals of light misting rain. Except for three weeks that starts sometime randomly during the year when the weather turns nice (but not sunny; there's no sun). I really need to get the complete calendar up, in a shorter more easily digested version of the one here:

http://www.deathstar.org/~krlipka/ps/things/thoughts/sigilcal.html

Khaira

First Post
In fact, I was just wondering the same thing the other day, so I did some researching on weather generators (FR specific, I'm afraid). I did find this one: http://www.kolumbus.fi/antti.lusila/rpg/gmtool.html

I was working on typing up current weather patterns into a more presentable pattern but ... well, not sure if that's what ya'll are looking for, but it allows for selection of the climate type and all.

Magi_Nashira

Chaotic Lawkeeper
I had tried that one, but for some reason it never popped up my results. maybe I need to give it more time to generate them? my browser just kept loading and loading.

Khaira

First Post
That is odd! You don't have a pop up blocker or something of that nature enabled, do you? It loaded up just fine for me, but there were a couple of times when it came as a pop up instead.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases