Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Solange

First Post
Rapture smiles, "Good night everyone."

Rapture spends a few moments in quiet prayer before she curls up (rather small actually) on a soft spot on the ground and drifts off to sleep.

When she is awakened for her watch, she'll say a quick prayer and then rise, occasionally walking around the small camp, but mostly watching the tower while she daydreams, waiting for the sun to rise.

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy is distracted all evening. He spends several hours paging through his spellbook, rummaging through his component pouch, and pacing while muttering arcane formulae and gesturing to himself. He seems to be carrying on an internal argument that occasionally slips out with an epithet or a sudden "No! Idiot! But what about...". After some time, he marks several pages in his spellbook with scraps of cloth and retires to sleep.

[sblock=ooc]I spent a while thinking about spell selection, and then I realized that there's at least a reasonable chance that Tommy will level up while sleeping, which would make all my planning moot. So, DM, are you awarding XP now? Need to know before I can pick spells. :)
[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Galwynn doesn't say much as people set up camp, and snorts derisively at Keldar's song. Eventually, he takes off his chainmail, kicks off his boots, and uses his (mostly empty) backpack as a pillow. He takes up position underneath a nearby tree, located about thirty feet from anyone else.

He rather promptly snores.

When it's time for his watch, he spends most if running through weapon drills, doing stretches and phantom attacks with his claymore. Every few minutes, he pauses, looks at the tower in awe, and shakes his head.

He then resumes his drills with renewed vigor.

OOC: If we get XP, I know Galwynn gets a level. And then, it's Lay on Hands time, baby - something I think this group is probably going to need.

Just so y'all know, I think I should save my Lay on Hands (only 6 HP worth) for either combat healing, or for stabilizing dying characters. In fact, I think I'll make sure to reserve 2 HP of it so I can stabilize those fools who keel over in a fight.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar wakes shortly before dawn and almost immediately is on his feet. "Good morning," he says softly to Rapture. "No changes at the tower, then?" He paces about nervously, and counts his daggers, twice, before coming to stand next to her. "Not long now," he says. "I... You know me, Rapture, full of... bravado. But I tell you, just between you and me, I don't have a good feeling about today. I prefer to slip in behind and take down an enemy with a precision strike, but these... these elementals... they don't seem to have anything vital to hit. So I'll use my morning star, but I don't think I can, necessarily, take one down with one blow. So... will you do me a favour, and stick close? And try not to get hurt. I couldn't... Well." He gives her shoulder a momentary squeeze.

When Samina wakes, Keldar waits for her to finish her meditations, before going over to have a quiet word. [sblock=Samina] "I bought a healing potion yesterday, Sammy. I'd like to keep it with me, but if anything happens, I guess you'll be the one to try to put it right, and it's best you know it's on my belt. It's... oh... I'd better put my alchemist's fire somewhere else. A mix-up would be...er... awkward."[/sblock]

Remove ads